Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This new pattern should last most of March IMO 

Yeah. I wouldn’t care to aver a prediction for the whole month … but at least through the ides … blocking appears to be the course of lesser regret.

I mean in practical sense … I suppose if the NAO takes 7 to 10 days to mature and fade … then the EPO loads into an elevating PNA after that … where are we going. We end up nearing the equinox.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cmc nukes the I95 corridor with a little LBSW but the take away is that a high ceiling pattern is closing in. 

These 0z runs show why qqomega jumped the gun saying that mid March looked boring. Just like that, a low appeared on the OP runs! I wouldn’t call it a blizzard, but a nice moderate snowfall is very possible. Even if it doesn’t pan out, we are tracking a storm. Not boring at all.

11 minutes ago, George001 said:

These 0z runs show why qqomega jumped the gun saying that mid March looked boring. Just like that, a low appeared on the OP runs! I wouldn’t call it a blizzard, but a nice moderate snowfall is very possible. Even if it doesn’t pan out, we are tracking a storm. Not boring at all.

Cmc is a classic h5 KU evolution. Surface output is meaningless at this stage, as is the jack zone. But The ceiling for potential is as high as I have seen for the DC to Boston corridor in a very long time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George001 said:

I told him OP runs would pop...now watch, he'll make fun of people for discussing it. You can't win lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George001 said:

These 0z runs show why qqomega jumped the gun saying that mid March looked boring. Just like that, a low appeared on the OP runs! I would call it a blizzard, but a nice moderate snowfall is very possible. Even if it doesn’t pan out, we are tracking a storm. Not boring at all.

New thread worthy? 

Screenshot_20230303-025355.thumb.png.c9a0ff9b406d5a505b7fd38fad05f952.png

• Haha 12

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

In all honesty that's what's probably gonna happen. We can't have nice things this winter. 

Yeah it wouldn’t be snowy for us but still a very impressive storm with heavy rain and wind. I would still consider the pattern a success if that happens. It’s a possible outcome but without a massive trough in the west and MJO in phase 8 by then there is room for that to be more south and east. The EPS shows that, while there are some inland members as well as offshore ones, the mean is maybe 50 miles NW of the benchmark and is 993mb. That’s a really strong signal this far out.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah it wouldn’t be snowy for us but still a very impressive storm with heavy rain and wind. I would still consider the pattern a success if that happens. It’s a possible outcome but without a massive trough in the west and MJO in phase 8 by then there is room for that to be more south and east. The EPS shows that, while there are some inland members as well as offshore ones, the mean is maybe 50 miles NW of the benchmark and is 993mb. That’s a really strong signal this far out.

993 at D9 mean is ridiculous. Time for a few prayers…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Anybody want to over/under on my highest snowpack for this season (which probably included the whole of March?  So far 21".  Today, 10-12 in sunny open areas and 15-20 in the woods.  Similar to Dendrite's.  I say the O/U is 30.

So you’re feeling good about some big systems over the next 2-3 wks I take it.