• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

47 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. ICON tossed far for those 60s in CT. Pretty big outlier compared to other guidance which mainly keeps that warm sector down in central NJ and southward. 

ha... oh man. The icon -

yeah, iconic symbol of how NOT to formulate an atmospheric model.  Sorry to throw it under the bus and nothing intended toward the Germans but .....  no, don't do that.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

meh enough to look cool but not enough for damage 

yeah,... this is a moderate impact event, overall?  I wouldn't expect more, just in general.  Snow...   In fact, maybe less where icing.  Typically 2/5ths of an inch starts the timbre sound off, and weakly hung utility points ... really you need 1/2", which I believe is the warning criteria for ice.

I don't see this happening much beyond that scale. 

The cold is likely - I see it ...-  to be really compactly compressed against where it just ends up 33F... such that there ice region is very narrow. Also, it's unclear if the lift mechanism hangs over the icing layer, or if it peels N and leaves that region with pixie dust and freezing drizzle making what rimes sort of 'glow' pail.  

Overall, I suspect this is 6-10" of snow where ever is getting charmed, and 2/5ths icing in a narrow band S ... leverage in some IP in between.

We may have furthering trouble a few short days later with a more index-scaled signal.

• Like 1

Having said that ...I do suspect south corrections may overwhelm any attempts to bump back N - but wouldn't totally rule out a run or two setting off panic tones... LOL.   This doesn't appear to be a situation that would wholesale end up back N to me.  But we'll see

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Having said that ...I do suspect south corrections may overwhelm any attempts to bump back N - but wouldn't totally rule out a run or two setting off panic tones... LOL.   This doesn't appear to be a situation that would wholesale end up back N to me.  But we'll see

Hope you're right...at this juncture, I would rather need to adjust colder, than warmer...that's why I was tame on first call....especially given the mood in the room lol

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Meh. 

Good luck to the northern folks again. For the below the CT/ Mass border people, only fools, clowns, and suckers, have continued to follow this charade of a "winter".

Yeah, not sure what we're going to get down where we are, snow, sleet, some ice, rain? all of the above

4 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

This feels like one of those events where we get fooled into thinking the cold air will hold off the warmth aloft long enough to pick up 4-5” here. But when the event arrives it’s pinging 45 minutes after precipitation starts. And the posts or “Bust!” arrive quickly.

The warm tongue is always closer than it appears 

• Haha 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic