• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When you said a couple of weeks ago if EPS has me over 6 on the mean then I will be interested I thought you were serious 

index (23).png

I don’t recall saying that , but it may be beer if I did . I still truly believe the gradient remains to our north . Would love nothing more than to be totally wrong on that. Time tells 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

18z GFS colder again.  Much snowier vs sleet for pike region based on BOS sounding.

Basically keeps Ray’s hood all snow that run until the very end. Coldest run we’ve seen yet since this got closer than clown range. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Basically keeps Ray’s hood all snow that run until the very end. Coldest run we’ve seen yet since this got closer than clown range. 

Even keeps BOS snow until late.  Snow sounding through 18z Thursday and in the final hours as well.  And it’s not far from going all snow.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Personally believe it will continue to correct S in this case - ...it's bit different than the typical SWFE.  For one, it's not really lifting along that type of azymouth.  This is running longitudinal, straight W-E so the advection is almost exactly compensating for the cold exertion beneath, and they end up in stasis - but where ? 

In other words... we don't move from heavy snow to weak IP to light drizzle then end.  We stay in our ptype hood.  

I'm imagining mid way Pike to rt 2?  with snow --> IP along the Pike then ZR...   Ends as freezing mist, but the event has a second pulse Friday as the 'main low' trailing smears through.  Redevelops you ptype, ends as flurries...  nasty cold slap Friday night sets up a spectacular Saturday morning scenery..

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I can’t recall one of these SWFE’s that didn’t trend north the last 24-48 hours . I’m still expecting that to happen , but maybe this is one of those rare ones that does not. 

Agree , As most people do I’m really just posting for my locale in Nashua . I’m hoping you score a 29 degree icer

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I can’t recall one of these SWFE’s that didn’t trend north the last 24-48 hours . I’m still expecting that to happen , but maybe this is one of those rare ones that does not. 

I bet it does but hopefully there are more southern trends beforehand.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Agree , As most people do I’m really just posting for my locale in Nashua . I’m hoping you score a 29 degree icer

I am hoping for .50+ ice accretion. The fact that it’s a nightttime event will help and it won’t be heavy rates . Probably won’t be that much , but it’s not totally impossible 

It's not a typical SWFE ....

Like I just said to Will... the frontal structures and the forcing aren't gaining latitude.  Think of it like this  ... a warm front extends from southern Ontario to Boston, and the MCS travels along and to the right of the boundary ..pulling it back S... not sending it N

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It really wasn't knock. When I am on the run and looking for an honest assessment, you are one of the posters I look to read for a "no shit" eval.

But its not only in shit winters....you even doing in the lead up to impending blizzards. You remind me of messenger in that you are always looking for how the other shoe may drop via subtle trends.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic