Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2023

George BM

On 2/13/2023 at 9:53 AM, psuhoffman said:

They lost because they gifted KC 7 points in the first half then couldn't adjust to what KC was doing on offense in the second.  I think both teams pass rush was neutralized by the bad traction of the field.  It's hard to get off the ball and get leverage to push past the offensive line when the traction is bad.  I also think KC did a brilliant job taking advantage of that in the second half using motion and misdirection to get philly players moving the wrong direction then hitting them on cut backs.  It worked time and again and they never adjusted.  Both teams had to play on the same field so that's part of the game and KC did a better job playing to the conditions.  Gannon should have adjusted the D to a zone assignment press man.  Stop shifting all over to try to match the KC motion.  KC was using it to move the defense until they got the look they wanted.  So stop.  Play a zone assignment then man up press against whoever ends up in your zone.  You can't play a passive zone scheme when you can't break on the ball as quick as usual and your d line isn't getting pressure.  That will just allow them to eat you alive 10 yards at a time and thats what happened.  

This problem also goes deeper than just last night.  I know this will sound harsh but I would let Gannon go.  His defense is amazing against mediocre QB's but struggles really horribly against good ones.  Last night was not an anomaly.  Over his 2 seasons they have given up some of the worse numbers to good QB's.  It's just they eat offenses alive that don't have an elite QB.  But I care more about being able to be competitive against a good team than putting up crazy numbers v bad ones.  He is too passive, prioritizes not giving up big plays over actually making plays and he will never ever have the amount of talent on defense he had to work with this season.  The eagles were able to load up a ridiculous amount of talent on D this year because Hurts was playing on a 1 million a year contract.  Half the D will be gone.  The offense will be mostly intact for years but on D they will have to work with way less talent going forward so if he can't stop top QB with the talent he had this year (was torched the last 2 years by every top 10 QB he faced) his system is never going to work.  

Looks like you got your wish. Gannon to the Cardinals as HC

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah, the punditocracy seems pleased with the OC hire.  Still skeptical they get a Lamar deal done.  

It seems to me that they don't make this hire if they're not sure he's gonna be here (be it by tag or deal). I'm cautiously optimistic about the OC hire...I think he'll strike a good balance between not straying too far away from our core offensive identity, but also getting someone with a much better track record in the passing game! I mean the dude seemed to get the best out of Jameis Winston (minus his INTs, lol) and Baker Mayfield...and both of those offenses were at least top 10 in passing--and given those QBs that has to count for something, lol Will interesting to see what things will look like!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

March is going to suck, isn't it?

depends on what your definition of suck is.

Suck as in a continuation of what we've had so far; no snow, warmer temps, etc. ?

Suck as in it will suddenly be deep winter, snows, but doesn't stick?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

depends on what your definition of suck is.

Suck as in a continuation of what we've had so far; no snow, warmer temps, etc. ?

Suck as in it will suddenly be deep winter, snows, but doesn't stick?

I'm thinking stuck in between those two things: much cooler than normal (but not cold enough for snow except for maybe one small mixed event), plenty of clouds, and cold rain.

• Like 1

Ok I may be a little bit jealous. The older Ms. J has been in England now for about 3 weeks. Today she just booked her travel break destinations. Flight from London to Berlin, train from Berlin to Amsterdam, then flight from Amsterdam to London. She gets 10 days and one of her classmates is going with her. And let me say her ticket for her flight, which she was able to book as a round trip for 2 adults, was way cheaper than even a single adult ticket here. And they found out their train tickets are discounted as they are under age 27. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok I may be a little bit jealous. The older Ms. J has been in England now for about 3 weeks. Today she just booked her travel break destinations. Flight from London to Berlin, train from Berlin to Amsterdam, then flight from Amsterdam to London. She gets 10 days and one of her classmates is going with her. And let me say her ticket for her flight, which she was able to book as a round trip for 2 adults, was way cheaper than even a single adult ticket here. And they found out their train tickets are discounted as they are under age 27. 

Awesome. Sounds like they will have fun. And yep on the hosing of ticket prices here in USA

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Awesome. Sounds like they will have fun. And yep on the hosing of ticket prices here in USA

It is insane! When the amount came through US on her card I was surprised it was so cheep. For 2!

34 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

My youngest did a semester abroad in the fall in Paris. And...yeah, the travel around the continent for him was amazing and easy and cheap.  Happy yours is getting to experience same. Mine had a great fall to say the least. 

It is such a wonderful experience for these kids. She is in England till the end of May. She is having an amazing time!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

It is insane! When the amount came through US on her card I was surprised it was so cheep. For 2!

It is such a wonderful experience for these kids. She is in England till the end of May. She is having an amazing time!

Great for her!  Mass transit is really head and shoulders above that which we have in the US (outside of major cities). 

I wonder if they have a dysfunctional weather blog family over there too. :-)

• Like 1