Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

32 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Only the 2nd time in SB history that a team gave up a double digit halftime lead and lost. Surprising for a team that was clearly more talented at all but 1 position.

I’m sure Jalen Hurts is better than Patrick Mahomes or Dallas Goedert is better than Travis Kelce… 

Or was it that tough playoff run the Eagles had to make? 

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Said the same thing about Reddick. Didn't even realize he was in the game. Zero pressure most of the night. The tough call at the end didn't cost them the game. Penalty and subsequent Hurts fumble return was bad....could have been 31-7 at the half. But the eagle D was non existent in the 2nd half and Mahomes showed why he is MVP. Hats off to KC. 

Agree.  Yeah, the penalty at the end sucked but it's not what decided the game, really.  Philly kind of shot themselves in the foot especially with that 1st half fumble return.  And they really needed one of those FGs they got to actually be a TD when they were deep enough in the red zone.  But they stayed in there resiliently through the game, to be sure.  Still, it would have been quite an ending if there wasn't the penalty (all controversy and argument about the call aside), and the Eagles got the ball back for one last drive with a halfway decent amount of time left!  Leaves one to speculate...would the Chiefs had held them off and won?...would the Eagles have managed a quick drive and TD?...or a FG to send it to overtime (and from there, ???).

Sorry for you and @psuhoffman that the Eagles lost.  I didn't have a horse in this race, but was kind of hoping Philly would pull out the win.  But it was an exciting game for sure, one of better ones I can recall (OK, the famous "helmet catch" when NY beat the then-undefeated Patriots was perhaps THE most intense and exciting SB!).

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Only the 2nd time in SB history that a team gave up a double digit halftime lead and lost. Surprising for a team that was clearly more talented at all but 1 position.

Why are you so butthurt by that comment?

The comment stated that he felt the Eagles are more talented in all but one position group, quarterback. "Position group" is not the same as "position."

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Why are you so butthurt by that comment?

The comment stated that he felt the Eagles are more talented in all but one position group, quarterback. "Position group" is not the same as "position."

sporting interests make otherwise reasonable people turn into knuckleheads

2 hours ago, H2O said:

9 penalties all game, 3 by the chiefs (all line of scrimmage infractions, offsides). Not one offensive holding call all game. The defensive holding penalty called at the end of the game could have probably been called 6 more times during the game on other plays but wasn't. If you're gonna let them play, let them play THE WHOLE game.

The Chiefs won and deserved it. Eagles lost on the fumble scoop n score and terrible punt coverage. The NFL got an exciting offensive competition. Doesn't change the fact that officiating in the league is terrible, and probably by design. I watched many other games during the season end on similar ticky tack calls. 

13 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

9 penalties all game, 3 by the chiefs (all line of scrimmage infractions, offsides). Not one offensive holding call all game. The defensive holding penalty called at the end of the game could have probably been called 6 more times during the game on other plays but wasn't. If you're gonna let them play, let them play THE WHOLE game.

The Chiefs won and deserved it. Eagles lost on the fumble scoop n score and terrible punt coverage. The NFL got an exciting offensive competition. Doesn't change the fact that officiating in the league is terrible, and probably by design. I watched many other games during the season end on similar ticky tack calls. 

this is where i stand on the issue as well...it was a penalty by the letter of the law but it had literally not been called all game--if it didn't affect the route it appears the refs were going to let stuff go...if you've played sports you know that a big part of it is figuring out where the refs are drawing the line and then trying not to cross it...

also agree it didn't cost the game...defense and special teams in the second half were the biggest culprits

only thing i'd quibble with is the "by the design" comment...i've said it elsewhere but i generally won't chalk up to malice what can be just as easily explained by incompetence...i think the ref probably just made (in my mind) a poor judgment call...

Having been the victim of a game where refs DIDN'T call a couple penalties at the end of a game(WAS vs NYG) that directly affected the outcome, the call last night was still the correct call to make.  Could they have called more?  Sure.  Thats every game tho and not just SBs.  But refs do this all the time.  They let things go until a player takes it too far and then they have to call something.  Thats why they are there.  Players will take it further and further and will eventually get caught.  There are rules and players already get away with too much because the refs DON'T flag every play.  If the refs did then the game would be unwatchable.  We don't know how not holding would have made that play unfold.  Maybe if the Eagles D man had let it go it still would have been and incomplete pass.  So blame him for doing something that made the ref have to make a call.  Don't blame the ref for doing his job at that moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Having been the victim of a game where refs DIDN'T call a couple penalties at the end of a game(WAS vs NYG) that directly affected the outcome, the call last night was still the correct call to make.  Could they have called more?  Sure.  Thats every game tho and not just SBs.  But refs do this all the time.  They let things go until a player takes it too far and then they have to call something.  Thats why they are there.  Players will take it further and further and will eventually get caught.  There are rules and players already get away with too much because the refs DON'T flag every play.  If the refs did then the game would be unwatchable.  We don't know how not holding would have made that play unfold.  Maybe if the Eagles D man had let it go it still would have been and incomplete pass.  So blame him for doing something that made the ref have to make a call.  Don't blame the ref for doing his job at that moment.

sorry man but i disagree with just about everything you say here...one of us is a knucklehead i guess lol

7 minutes ago, MacChump said:

exactly...win or lose i still can't do anything about this frigging ear hair that has suddenly taken root...life goes on

lolol don't they make some sort of attachment for face razors? its narrow at the tip, goes up your nose/in ears?

Please don't be like my late father who never trimmed his... you can imagine how that looked :lol: 

• Haha 2

They lost because they gifted KC 7 points in the first half then couldn't adjust to what KC was doing on offense in the second.  I think both teams pass rush was neutralized by the bad traction of the field.  It's hard to get off the ball and get leverage to push past the offensive line when the traction is bad.  I also think KC did a brilliant job taking advantage of that in the second half using motion and misdirection to get philly players moving the wrong direction then hitting them on cut backs.  It worked time and again and they never adjusted.  Both teams had to play on the same field so that's part of the game and KC did a better job playing to the conditions.  Gannon should have adjusted the D to a zone assignment press man.  Stop shifting all over to try to match the KC motion.  KC was using it to move the defense until they got the look they wanted.  So stop.  Play a zone assignment then man up press against whoever ends up in your zone.  You can't play a passive zone scheme when you can't break on the ball as quick as usual and your d line isn't getting pressure.  That will just allow them to eat you alive 10 yards at a time and thats what happened.  

This problem also goes deeper than just last night.  I know this will sound harsh but I would let Gannon go.  His defense is amazing against mediocre QB's but struggles really horribly against good ones.  Last night was not an anomaly.  Over his 2 seasons they have given up some of the worse numbers to good QB's.  It's just they eat offenses alive that don't have an elite QB.  But I care more about being able to be competitive against a good team than putting up crazy numbers v bad ones.  He is too passive, prioritizes not giving up big plays over actually making plays and he will never ever have the amount of talent on defense he had to work with this season.  The eagles were able to load up a ridiculous amount of talent on D this year because Hurts was playing on a 1 million a year contract.  Half the D will be gone.  The offense will be mostly intact for years but on D they will have to work with way less talent going forward so if he can't stop top QB with the talent he had this year (was torched the last 2 years by every top 10 QB he faced) his system is never going to work.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

They lost because they gifted KC 7 points in the first half then couldn't adjust to what KC was doing on offense in the second.  I think both teams pass rush was neutralized by the bad traction of the field.  It's hard to get off the ball and get leverage to push past the offensive line when the traction is bad.  I also think KC did a brilliant job taking advantage of that in the second half using motion and misdirection to get philly players moving the wrong direction then hitting them on cut backs.  It worked time and again and they never adjusted.  Both teams had to play on the same field so that's part of the game and KC did a better job playing to the conditions.  Gannon should have adjusted the D to a zone assignment press man.  Stop shifting all over to try to match the KC motion.  KC was using it to move the defense until they got the look they wanted.  So stop.  Play a zone assignment then man up press against whoever ends up in your zone.  You can't play a passive zone scheme when you can't break on the ball as quick as usual and your d line isn't getting pressure.  That will just allow them to eat you alive 10 yards at a time and thats what happened.  

This problem also goes deeper than just last night.  I know this will sound harsh but I would let Gannon go.  His defense is amazing against mediocre QB's but struggles really horribly against good ones.  Last night was not an anomaly.  Over his 2 seasons they have given up some of the worse numbers to good QB's.  It's just they eat offenses alive that don't have an elite QB.  But I care more about being able to be competitive against a good team than putting up crazy numbers v bad ones.  He is too passive, prioritizes not giving up big plays over actually making plays and he will never ever have the amount of talent on defense he had to work with this season.  The eagles were able to load up a ridiculous amount of talent on D this year because Hurts was playing on a 1 million a year contract.  Half the D will be gone.  The offense will be mostly intact for years but on D they will have to work with way less talent going forward so if he can't stop top QB with the talent he had this year (was torched the last 2 years by every top 10 QB he faced) his system is never going to work.  

The adjustments Andy Reid made at halftime were significant.  I can't recall seeing two receivers more wide open on those last two touchdowns.  Eagles special teams was always a challenge this year and it also came back to bite them.  Even though the Eagles team 2-53 might be better, Mahones was still the best player on the field.  You knew if it was a close game, the Eagles would be in trouble. That being said, the Eagles had a tremendous season.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the off season but if that OL stays intact they should be good.  Eventually they have to pay Hurts and then it gets tricky.  Great Super Bowl.  KC deserved it. 

• Like 1

What kind of cloud is this lol. Vinyl Chloride becomes HCL. Acid rain and my scalp feels off today.  It's probably no where near as bad as those Texas chemical plant disasters sure but since tracking snow is a thing of the past thought folks here may be interested in looking back at wind patterns and see where this toxic cloud went since it may effect you or someone you know, here. The LaSalle IL fire last month never even made the news.

Staying on topic where did the toxic cloud Super Blow. And Mahomes sold the call.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

What kind of cloud is this lol. Vinyl Chloride becomes HCL. Acid rain and my scalp feels off today.  It's probably no where near as bad as those Texas chemical plant disasters sure but since tracking snow is a thing of the past thought folks here may be interested in looking back at wind patterns and see where this toxic cloud went since it may effect you or someone you know, here. The LaSalle IL fire last month never even made the news.

Staying on topic where did the toxic cloud Super Blow. And Mahomes sold the call.

Yeah this is actually kind of crazy. (nsfw language in vid)