Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s Friday, and I’m back! Feeling way better and on the upswing.

image.jpeg.ab556b6a7c9869a75f2fc3dfbcf95aaf.jpeg

Glad to hear that! I'm also glad this is finally something we can live with and it not be as bad when you get it. (Had it back in the summer and it was kinda like a slow-moving cold). Didn't need any meds or anything! Again, Glad you're on the mend--cheers (although I don't drink, lol)

• Like 1

You know it is bad when a current article on accuweather says this:

As the snow drought continues along the I-95 zone of the mid-Atlantic, southern cities such as Knoxville, Tennessee, have already picked up 1.6 inches, which is more than all of the snow that has fallen so far in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York City combined. A number of additional southern cities may join that list in the wake of this storm.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Glad to hear that! I'm also glad this is finally something we can live with and it not be as bad when you get it. (Had it back in the summer and it was kinda like a slow-moving cold). Didn't need any meds or anything! Again, Glad you're on the mend--cheers (although I don't drink, lol)

Very generally, I agree with this, but I will toss in a word of caution. We’ve had Covid flying through my workplace for a couple of weeks now. I was an “early adopter”, unfortunately. It was passed along very easily, and one of my colleagues described it as “like flu, the worst sinus infection ever and being hit by a truck all at once”, which aligns with my ongoing experience. Maybe we had a bad strain in our group, as I also have several friends who have had very mild cases. Just a reminder that it is not always just a cold, at least not yet. Stay safe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, uncletim said:

Very generally, I agree with this, but I will toss in a word of caution. We’ve had Covid flying through my workplace for a couple of weeks now. I was an “early adopter”, unfortunately. It was passed along very easily, and one of my colleagues described it as “like flu, the worst sinus infection ever and being hit by a truck all at once”, which aligns with my ongoing experience. Maybe we had a bad strain in our group, as I also have several friends who have had very mild cases. Just a reminder that it is not always just a cold, at least not yet. Stay safe.

Yep. It hits us all differently and just because I had it easy this time around, means nothing the next bout. And it’s going to be around for awhile too.

Hoping that you’re feeling better soon.

10 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Yeah the way the board is setup up now sucks. Let's post a picture of an empty glass, and no weather posts of 7 hours. Waiting on my El NIno post to be approved.. conversation or back and forth, besides everyones posting style is very difficult. 

I like the practice so I'll continue posting.

Randy said to send him a PM

13 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

You know it is bad when a current article on accuweather says this:

As the snow drought continues along the I-95 zone of the mid-Atlantic, southern cities such as Knoxville, Tennessee, have already picked up 1.6 inches, which is more than all of the snow that has fallen so far in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York City combined. A number of additional southern cities may join that list in the wake of this storm.

Yep. Just bad to be on the east coast. We are still paying for the 2009-2016. Averages man. It will get going again soon. 

• Like 2

Speaking of living in the past, this not much so, 1998.  I remember it well, very well!  This hit closer to home for us as we had lots of friends in the biz that were directly affected by this and were in full SHTF survival mode!

Ice is no joke and we almost died in 1994 from it and the only (weather) phenomenon I have more respect for is lightning only because I've been in closer calls with it and with frequency.

This video is long but worth the watch if you're a weather disaster weenie or were affected by it.  Lots of footage from various news sources.

• Like 1

I'm not betting on the game because I'm too competitive and start getting conflicted about who I should root for lol, but I lean towards the Eagles.  They're hungry and have a lot of momentum going.  Mahomes is a beast, though.  He can literally throw from any angle and scramble, if needed...the equivalent of a good shooter as well as a slasher in the NBA.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

Can’t root for the Eagles, but wouldn’t surprise me if they win

This is a tough one to predict...my brain says Mahomes has a slight edge, but indeed the Eagles could very well win. Mahomes is well, Mahomes and has more experience on the biggest stage...but the Eagles may have an overall better team. Gonna be a good matchup! 

23 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This is a tough one to predict...my brain says Mahomes has a slight edge, but indeed the Eagles could very well win. Mahomes is well, Mahomes and has more experience on the biggest stage...but the Eagles may have an overall better team. Gonna be a good matchup! 

Eagles are slightly better overall, but Mahomes is the best QB in the league, and is driven to be one of the best ever. He is 1-1 in SBs, doesn't want to go 1-2. Unless the Eagles completely dominate the LoS and ToP, it will be close and in that case I will go with the better/more established QB-coach combo. Just hoping for an entertaining game, with absolutely no rooting interest/no skin in this one. I don't gamble lol.

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Eagles are slightly better overall, but Mahomes is the best QB in the league, and is driven to be one of the best ever. He is 1-1 in SBs, doesn't want to go 1-2. Unless the Eagles completely dominate the LoS and ToP, it will be close and in that case I will go with the better/more established QB-coach combo. Just hoping for an entertaining game, with absolutely no rooting interest/no skin in this one. I don't gamble lol.

Neither do I, lol Since the Bengals got the boot I can be almost neutral here :lol: But yeah I'm inclined to agree...exprience may win out here. But ya never know!

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Somebody is devastated after that first TD got overturned :lol: 

I await a dissertation on why so many calls are overturned nowadays, compared to back in the day, and that referee analogues are just not as good now.  It might even be due to...that phrase we cannot mention!...but it could just be part of the normal cycle of how calls are reviewed and who is reviewing the plays.  Oh, wait...Iggles scored anyhow, TD!!!  (Too bad our winter can't do the same thing, and we get a snowstorm anyhow!!!) :lol:

• Haha 3