Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, baldereagle said:

I was simply making an observation you decided was unnecessary. No one's opinion here is necessary. I said nothing about you or PSU. I said nothing disrespectful. I don't care whether you "understand" what I'm talking about.  No worries, moderator. You've successfully made my point for me, for discerning readers.

Too many mushrooms today boss

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Interesting that you assumed I live in a basement...

Now here's the kicker: My bedroom is on the second floor, lol (older house, leaky walls)

Well hope you get chance to take yourself downstairs and step out to look at the sky. It ain’t snow but i promise you that glow in the sky is good for the soul. Good news if you can’t leave your seat today as you wait for the next model runs, you should have plenty more chances ahead to feel those 60s:sun:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I could eat pizza every day.  So many combinations of sauces and toppings.  

Don't sleep on Calzones. 

Calzones are great, strombolis too. We def eat pizza more than I’d like to admit, with the kid having dance 4 nights a week, sometimes a frozen pizza is the easiest for us to eat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

I could eat pizza every day.  So many combinations of sauces and toppings.  

Don't sleep on Calzones. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Calzones are great, strombolis too. We def eat pizza more than I’d like to admit, with the kid having dance 4 nights a week, sometimes a frozen pizza is the easiest for us to eat

Pizza is the pinnacle of a comfort dinner--no debate acceptable :lol:Best I had was a place called Toss on York Rd. near Belvedere Sq. Just a simple pepperoni with garlic sauce and it was the BEST. They closed down a couple years ago, unfortunately...but I think the owner still has another at Pie in the Sky in Canton. 

Yeah I used to eat pizza every week, but then...cholesterol dang it, lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I had to get the kids new shoes and took them to dinner after. A family sat down at the table next to us and 2 of them were wearing cowboys jackets and hats. My 4 year old, Nora, immediately starting singing "fly eagles fly".  I can die now. My work is done. 

Quality trolling. Wonder where she gets that from.B)

• Haha 4

Growing up just across the river from Philly, I'm a NY-style pizza snob. We had three or four mom-and-pop pizza places within a two-mile radius. All of them were fantastic, though each were just slightly different enough to be able to tell them apart.

Pizza around here generally sucks. There are a few places with worthy pies, but most are garbage, which is just one reason why my neighbor (from Long Island) and I have delved into the depths of making NY-style pizzas. Gotta say...we both do a fine job of it, from getting the proper gear for home ovens to making our own doughs and sauces to finding just the right kind of cheese to get the melt we want.

That said, Costco's Detroit-style pizza is really damn good, so I'd highly suggest it for anyone looking for a good frozen pizza.

31 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Growing up just across the river from Philly, I'm a NY-style pizza snob. We had three or four mom-and-pop pizza places within a two-mile radius. All of them were fantastic, though each were just slightly different enough to be able to tell them apart.

Pizza around here generally sucks. There are a few places with worthy pies, but most are garbage, which is just one reason why my neighbor (from Long Island) and I have delved into the depths of making NY-style pizzas. Gotta say...we both do a fine job of it, from getting the proper gear for home ovens to making our own doughs and sauces to finding just the right kind of cheese to get the melt we want.

That said, Costco's Detroit-style pizza is really damn good, so I'd highly suggest it for anyone looking for a good frozen pizza.

Sal’s in Washington TWSP NJ was pretty good. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Yes!  I don't get it, it bothers me all the time. The "average" pizza here is terrible. Versus the "average" pizza in the philly area being totally fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

There's good pizza in DC immediate metro.  The new detroit style place in silver spring, underground pizza, is really good.

LOL! Ok! The storm thread was early! But, honestly, you would not have opened the thread and read it if you were not tracking this fail! Come on! Admit it! You are still checking every model run. The thread did not jinx anything! 

We all love to whine and complain, but science is science. It did not hurt a dang thing! It did clean up the longer range thread! That one slowed to a trickle. LOL! Anyways, lesson learned!

My 2 cents! Majorly biased 2 cents. 

Please be careful if a cat crosses your path if you think the thread caused the snow to miss us. 

56 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sal’s in Washington TWSP NJ was pretty good. 

He's all over Instagram.  Funny guy and promotes his business well.

In Baltimore, a "secret" spot I like for pizza is Barfly's.  Maybe it's just that the whiskey selection and moderate prices makes the pizza better, but it's a great way to spend a couple of hours.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

He's all over Instagram.  Funny guy and promotes his business well.

In Baltimore, a "secret" spot I like for pizza is Barfly's.  Maybe it's just that the whiskey selection and moderate prices makes the pizza better, but it's a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Wonder if it’s his son?  I went there in the 80s and early 90s. 

Ah...ya know sometimes it's the little things...Mom texted and said they were playing Beethoven's Eroica on 90.9 and I stopped everything and just listened...heck. YES!

The Eroica (Beethoven's 3rd symphony for those who don't know :lol:)...that development section in the first movement...my goodness. It is one the greatest in all of classical music, seriously. No development section ever went to those heights like ever...pure genius and absolutely epic!

I mean so many moment in that movement...and then of course the rest of the symphony (including a incredibly moving double fugue in the 2nd movement that just takes you to anothe place), awesome them and variations in the 4th. In this symphony, musical drama reached places it had not before.

I'm telling you: Music was never the same after the Eroica!