Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

LOL! Ok! The storm thread was early! But, honestly, you would not have opened the thread and read it if you were not tracking this fail! Come on! Admit it! You are still checking every model run. The thread did not jinx anything! 

We all love to whine and complain, but science is science. It did not hurt a dang thing! It did clean up the longer range thread! That one slowed to a trickle. LOL! Anyways, lesson learned!

My 2 cents! Majorly biased 2 cents. 

Please be careful if a cat crosses your path if you think the thread caused the snow to miss us. 

There are no storm threads at 5 days because there are no storms. It’s fantasy. So if a fantasy thread was the goal, mission accomplished.

Cleaned up the long range thread? For what? Who cares?

So yesterday, a 26 year old had some issue at a house in Cockeysville, police showed up, at which the individual shot at the police and fled. The area at which he fled has been on high alert since last night, schools closed down near there... BCPS even cancelled evening activities for schools in the Hereford Zone. There was a helicopter up around my house last night, as there were reports the suspect was along the NCR Trail at some point. 

The weirdest part of the entire thing is, the suspect lives in a house where years ago there were multiple murders committed by a high schooler. The boy came home from a sleepover and killed his parents and siblings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Family_murders

Its been a big buzz on the local facebook community page, parents keeping kids home from school in the Hereford Zone today, etc. 

It's been fun reading everyone think they have seen the suspect. It's up there with a recent big community bruhaha over a rooster named Wilbur. 

Country living is fun. 

51 minutes ago, mappy said:

So yesterday, a 26 year old had some issue at a house in Cockeysville, police showed up, at which the individual shot at the police and fled. The area at which he fled has been on high alert since last night, schools closed down near there... BCPS even cancelled evening activities for schools in the Hereford Zone. There was a helicopter up around my house last night, as there were reports the suspect was along the NCR Trail at some point. 

The weirdest part of the entire thing is, the suspect lives in a house where years ago there were multiple murders committed by a high schooler. The boy came home from a sleepover and killed his parents and siblings. 

Its been a big buzz on the local facebook community page, parents keeping kids home from school in the Hereford Zone today, etc. 

It's been fun reading everyone think they have seen the suspect. It's up there with a recent big community bruhaha over a rooster named Wilbur. 

Country living is fun. 

Dang that's really the same house?? For crying out loud (I wouldn't even wanna live there, lol). Yeah I play seasonally for two of the schools nearby and was surprised to see them closed! I mean I guess it's out of an abundance of caution and I get that...but I'm wondering if they close again tomorrow if they don't get him? Lol

This is a little funny. I just got a call from my pharmacist telling me that the flu shot that I got with my Covid booster back in October was stored out of temperature range so it affected the resistance.  She added that the Covid vaccine was fine and I’m eligible for a new flu vaccine.

I told her that ironically, I’m sick now, got tested on Tuesday. and my flu tests came back negative but I have Covid!

Life is full of jokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is a little funny. I just got a call from my pharmacist telling me that the flu shot that I got with my Covid booster back in October was stored out of temperature range so it affected the resistance.  She added that the Covid vaccine was fine and I’m eligible for a new flu vaccine.

I told her that ironically, I’m sick now, got tested on Tuesday. and my flu tests came back negative but I have Covid!

Life is full of jokes.

LOL that is kind of ironic!  But man, I'm really sorry you had to deal with that all the same...getting COVID and having a bum flu shot.  At least they contacted you so you can go get another one.  And at least there weren't any bad effects of getting a vaccine stored at the wrong temperature.  That would make me a bit nervous!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

LOL that is kind of ironic!  But man, I'm really sorry you had to deal with that all the same...getting COVID and having a bum flu shot.  At least they contacted you so you can go get another one.  And at least there weren't any bad effects of getting a vaccine stored at the wrong temperature.  That would make me a bit nervous!

I have been extremely fortunate.  I'm the worst with a bad cold, but this could have been much, much worse.  I've even been able to take walks around the neighborhood this week so I'm feeling very lucky.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Life is full of jokes.

So you got a flu test and Covid test at the same time? Clinic or doc’s office?
Your Covid sounds mild - hope it stays that way!

Those of us in the DELMARVA/MA are not alone with our snow woes and holes.  Am currently on the outskirts of Tokyo between Tokyo and Chiba - at the N end of Tokyo Bay.  Amongst a lot of hoopla and banter that may bump our banter to second place the Japanese news has gone absolutely bonkers about what has become a non-even for the immediate Tokyo downtown area.  

Yesterday event they issued dire travel warnings, which continued this morning.  However, in a recant that rival's JB's best step-backs, they've revised the snow forecast as the warmer layers of the intensifying ULL move in and displace what little cold layers were in place.  

On the western edges of metropolitan Tokyo there is a few inches of snow with slush on the streets that's causing mayhem akin to our area.  Compounded the hilly terrain, there's an untold number of crashes where just one misstep on the extremely narrow streets can and is creating gridlock. 

Haven't dared to check the grocery stores to seek the bare shelves empty of bread, eggs, milk and...  most importantly of all, rice.  But all the hoopla in the news is something to see/hear.  Their on-the-scenes reporting with measurements of snow depths to the fraction of a cm with a slant stick is more dramatic than the best TWC can muster.  However, the news in Japan is still held is high esteem for it's unflawed accuracy - which compounds their efforts to flounder through the allocated airtime with a mainly rain event.  There were even pro-Mets on the air talking about the infamous 'warm nose layer'.  Heading out now in our non-snow tire equipped rental to tackle our chances with the....   rain!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uncletim said:

So you got a flu test and Covid test at the same time? Clinic or doc’s office?
Your Covid sounds mild - hope it stays that way!

I got it at a CVS drive thru. Set an appt and check the boxes for Covid and flu. Then you drive up, they give you a kit, you gouge out your eyeballs from the inside of your nose, drop the Qtip in a solution, seal it, drop in a bag, and drop the bag in a metal box. The results came back negative for flu A and B, whatever that means, and positive for Covid. And I think it has to be a PCR Covid test and not the quick antigen. I’m only guessing but I think the flu test was an option because my test was sent to a lab (Quest).

And yes, my experience has been much more mild than others. God knows who Her wimps are. :)

Bumping this one:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/winter-weather-outlook-how-much-snow-the-dc-area-can-expect-for-winter-2022-2023/3208426/

Not sure why Doug K gets a bad rap around here. He is a snow weenie and predicted a terrible winter. So far thats come true. Should have shit the blinds back in December.

23 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Sal’s in Washington TWSP NJ was pretty good. 

Never had it. I grew up about 20-25 minutes from Washington Township, so lots of places between me and there!

The most well-known place that I would often grab slices was King of Pizza on Rt. 38 in Cherry Hill. Close to my high school and a place that we'd mostly hit late on weekends, heading home from the mall, or just on the way from one place to another.

22 hours ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

There's good pizza in DC immediate metro.  The new detroit style place in silver spring, underground pizza, is really good.

There are some good pizza places in the area - I don't deny that - but most pizza here is just awful. Wise Guys is excellent. Italian Store is really good. Mamma Lucia's in Fairfax throws together a good pie (though admittedly I've only had it once). Milano's in Springfield - while not quite the pizza I grew up with - usually does a really good job on their pizzas. Puppatella is pretty good for Neapolitan.

In just writing out that list, I realize that I'm mentioning lots of chains, except for Milano's. No real mom-and-pop places with their own personalities. I honestly think that has a lot to do with it, aside from just not being a location with a real pizza identity or history.

Detroit style is intriguing. I feel like deep dish pizza is quite distinct from NY style, so I don't like to compare them, but I'm certainly open to trying out a good Detroit style place.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mappy said:

Country living is fun. 

Got him!

Prayers and positive thoughts for the injured officers. :(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I got it at a CVS drive thru. Set an appt and check the boxes for Covid and flu. Then you drive up, they give you a kit, you gouge out your eyeballs from the inside of your nose, drop the Qtip in a solution, seal it, drop in a bag, and drop the bag in a metal box. The results came back negative for flu A and B, whatever that means, and positive for Covid. And I think it has to be a PCR Covid test and not the quick antigen. I’m only guessing but I think the flu test was an option because my test was sent to a lab (Quest).

And yes, my experience has been much more mild than others. God knows who Her wimps are. :)

Thanks, and be healthy soon.

• Like 1

Can someone take me off of moderate approval? So that I can engage in a conversation. I keep checking back to see if my posts are approved, and because of this I haven't engaged in weather research posts, because I don't see/feel like it will be timely, and I don't even know why this moderator approval began. How long will it last? No OT/PR and moderator approval. I don't really know why. 

Just now, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Can someone take me off of moderate approval? So that I can engage in a conversation. I keep checking back to see if my posts are approved, and because of this I haven't engaged in weather research posts, because I don't see/feel like it will be timely, and I don't even know why this moderator approval began. How long will it last? 

@stormtracker can you chat with Chuck?

• Like 1