• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

but with this winters general theme have 0 expectations.

Skeptical at best for now.

I'm gonna propose that people discussing potential 10 day threats do NOT have to EVERY TIME end their post with attempts to lower expectations. We get it, it's past 10 days. No one is expecting anything verbatim. Does not need disclaimer each time. I so move. Do I hear a second?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Ok, who hasn’t plugged in some mid-west location today in their weather app and read the WSW advisories?  C’mon. Fess up. 

I honestly haven't paid attention to much of anything weather-wise recently, so...me!

I assume something interesting is happening...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm gonna propose that people discussing potential 10 day threats do NOT have to EVERY TIME end their post with attempts to lower expectations. We get it, it's past 10 days. No one is expecting anything verbatim. Does not need disclaimer each time. I so move. Do I hear a second?

I don't know for sure, but I'll let you know in 10 days or so!  But I don't feel overly confident if I will or not this far in advance. :lol:

• Haha 1

Okay folks There were about 2 inches of snow on that 8200' platform over at Palisades, they cleared it, well now they got about 4 MORE inches of snow on it and its gonna snow there tonight too! It's been about 8 degrees there all day. Wind's been gusting to 25mph. Excellent conditions for a jebwalk.

This is only the Beginning.

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

5 hours ago, Clueless said:

Ok, who hasn’t plugged in some mid-west location today in their weather app and read the WSW advisories?  C’mon. Fess up. 

Guilty. I've wasted a ton of time today readin Midwest AFD's, not counting the time I spend nursing my snow cravings at the Palisades Tahoe webcams.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

I’m just curious where the hell they’re putting all of that snow in California?? Another 7-10 feet forecasted between now and Tuesday too! Unreal.

hopefully piles near waterbodies so it can melt and run into. its great for them and hopefully helps come fire season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LP08 said:

image.png.e2b50720c37b8b6ab797c4f87f8515c8.pngwoof….those 2’ amounts in Minneapolis are in trouble.  I wonder what the reaction would be here.

Top report I’ve seen from the southern MSP burbs was 19”.  The widespread 18”+ didn’t materialize, but most seem to have ended up with 12-16”.  A little disappointing based on the hype, but they were really leaning into ratios to make those numbers and that is a tough game to play.

• Like 2

Palisades may pile up nearly EIGHT FEET of fresh snow by next Wednesday!

They have gotten 20 inches in the past 36 hours! It has been snowing hard and blowing all over the place, and it still is! It has been blizzarding so hard all day and now the snow is still annihilating Palisades Tahoe with NO MERCY! https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

This thing is not a storm, it is an outright ASSAULT!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1