Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We had some huge aggregates a few min ago but back into another mini sucker hole...can't seem to escape them so far. But clearly if we get under some steady echoes, it wants to snow, so hopefully we can get a nice 3-4 hour burst here starting soon.

The worst kind of event. Elevation and banding dependant. Ceiling always feels rightfully low. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We had some huge aggregates a few min ago but back into another mini sucker hole...can't seem to escape them so far. But clearly if we get under some steady echoes, it wants to snow, so hopefully we can get a nice 3-4 hour burst here starting soon.

Seems like radar over central MA is starting to get better. Should be the general area things blossom if it's gonna happen. 

had an interesting ride into work, basically at BDL... went from a little white on grass at home, to pretty sketchy slick roads top of 219 in barkhamsted, then by rt20 in Granby back to rain, top of that hill probably had an inch on all surfaces, maybe a bit more on grass etc, but definitely accumulation on roads, that was about an hour ago.  here at bdl it's mixed mangled and rain

• Like 1

Well we’ve managed to put together a couple solid hrs of light moderate snow after flip-flopping for a couple hours this morning. 

The snow is accumulating unevenly even on the ground/non-paved areas. It’s very spring like it’s like a snow in early April where it accumulates in clumps with bear areas in between.  Although just in the last half hour it seems like it’s trying to get more uniform

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Same here.  2” but wet.  Heavier echoes about to move in

1.4” around 1 when I got home. Saw very little OTG right up to exit 19. Had to get some elevation to see anything beyond a 1/2” on the ground or snow sticking in the trees. 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

1.4” around 1 when I got home. Saw very little OTG right up to exit 19. Had to get some elevation to see anything beyond a 1/2” on the ground or snow sticking in the trees. 

Wow!  I will take some pics as I'm about to go out.  We def had close to 2 a bit ago.  Snowing pretty hard now, probably moderate?  Radar finally looks decent so we have a shot at 4.