Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Hrrr continues to be pretty wild. 3 or 4 runs in a row now.

Looks like around 17z-22z is the best period....this morning's batch is kind of the appetizer but the better lift and soundings look like when that commahead tries to form.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m assuming the fact it flipped here is good for whatever happens this afternoon?

Yes, it's good you are snowing now...the other question there is how much QPF you get from the afternoon stuff. The best is prob to your east and northeast, but by how much? Maybe you get an inch this afternoon....or maybe you get 3".

Really interesting seeing Albany at 40/39 and North Adam’s MA at 38/35. Incredibly warm for Jan 6.

The mesos have this boundary as a quasi stationary front, whereas the globals swing this through the area as a weak warm front associated with the surface low in Ontario. Basically mesos saying the weakening NB surface HP will be enough to hold its ground while globals saying “not a chance” it’s gonna get booted east. Climo matches the mesos; persistence matches the globals. I lean with persistence.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes, it's good you are snowing now...the other question there is how much QPF you get from the afternoon stuff. The best is prob to your east and northeast, but by how much? Maybe you get an inch this afternoon....or maybe you get 3".

I would assume western zones are done after this morning’s initial burst?