Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Beer?

I’m asking you a legit question. You have been posting cryptic posts where you don’t think it will snow south of the pike. I’m just asking for your reasoning as to why and if you’d care to post totals by region . I’m not arguing or saying you will be wrong. I’m asking why 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m asking you a legit question. You have been posting cryptic posts where you don’t think it will snow south of the pike. I’m just asking for your reasoning as to why and if you’d care to post totals by region .

I think he told you that 925 is borderline there. It slowly cools as it gets going but initially it’s kind of warm. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m asking you a legit question. You have been posting cryptic posts where you don’t think it will snow south of the pike. I’m just asking for your reasoning as to why and if you’d care to post totals by region .

Since when? I don’t think you comprehend what I said. I think you need to bank on rates for higher amounts. Ryan’s map looks good. You could get 1” or 4”.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

3-6.  4-6.    That’s what I expect

Yesterday I was thinking C-1”

That would imply a bulk as 10:1 or maybe better. Wouldn’t shock me if it’s real pasty at first, but then you get that slightly wet, but a bit fluffier 12:1 stuff during the heavy stuff. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Right. He’ll need the rates to wash out the warmth, but quite possible it does that should some mesos be correct.

If he’s snowing there by mid morning then it’s a good sign for me. I honestly could see a coating or 5”. Not sure yet. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That would imply a bulk as 10:1 or maybe better. Wouldn’t shock me if it’s real pasty at first, but then you get that slightly wet, but a bit fluffier 12:1 stuff during the heavy stuff. 

Ok.  I see what you are saying. Maybe I should rephrase… for most of SNE it won’t be 10:1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

GFS  map looks similar to HRRR, NAM. Posting only for final verification upon event analysis. Not a forecast 

fnrGYf2.jpg

But see I think that shows you you’re right on the line. That’s all I mean, and that had to be noted if you want to be talking about the proper forecast.

If I had to guess I’d side closer to 3” of 1-3 but like Will said, if you had a coating or 5” can’t say I’m surprised. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But see I think that shows you you’re right on the line. That’s all I mean, and that had to be noted if you want to be talking about the proper forecast.

If I had to guess I’d side closer to 3” of 1-3 but like Will said, if you had a coating or 5” can’t say I’m surprised. 

That particular depiction has the CT valley from Springfield to HFD getting 1-5” If there’s one thing I am fairly certain of.. it’s that is not going to happen 

• Like 1