• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

This has been more like 2015-16…esp recently with the shitty El Niño pattern. It does look like we go more favorable El Niño pattern for later in the month but not before another 10-12 days of horse shit. 

Just cut the warmth down to plus 5 and we’re in business up here. This shit is unbearable. One Rainer I get; we’re not vail, but multiple in a row sucks. Tonight at least, we snow.

39 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s an agenda driving fruitloop. Doesn’t even live in New England, yet comes in here trying to stir up trouble. What a pathetic existence.   

I believe he lives as close, if not closer to New England than metfan does. I think he’s in Lake George, NY. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I believe he lives as close, if not closer to New England than metfan does. I think he’s in Lake George, NY. 

He always seemed much more enthusiastic about snowmobiling and skiing when he’d be up in Bolton Landing/Lake George.

Not sure what happened?  Or if it’s just a perpetual glass mostly empty type personality that gets annoyed and needs to troll people who still hold optimism about winter.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He always seemed much more enthusiastic about snowmobiling and skiing when he’d be up in Bolton Landing/Lake George.

Not sure what happened?  Or if it’s just a perpetual glass mostly empty type personality that gets annoyed and needs to troll people who still hold optimism about winter.

Kind of like Torch Tiger. Used to be a gentle soul posting beautiful scenic winter pics of Bedford NH. Not sure what happened to the lad. Hate to see it. 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Kind of like Torch Tiger. Used to be a gentle soul posting beautiful scenic winter pics of Bedford NH. Not sure what happened to the lad. Hate to see it. 

Torch tiger is much more enjoyable. Won’t hear from q when things are good. I don’t buy the anti snow bs either. It’s a weather forum. We’re not exactly a hot commodity. They’re here for a reason.

• Like 1

never got above 35 here today, believe yesterday we just barely hit 40, tomorrow looks about the same, temps are not frigid but not far off from climo, the perpetual favorable in 10 days I see again... still optimistic and again I leave Fri for Soflo and most likely will not be back until at least mid February, I'm hoping not that long but hopefully you guys get to see some decent snow while I'm away

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Why do you keep trolling this thread ?

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

He’s an agenda driving fruitloop. Doesn’t even live in New England, yet comes in here trying to stir up trouble. What a pathetic existence.   

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Responding To him  just gives him more incentive  to post.  It’s a torch so anticipate more of his torch posts .

You do know he's 5ppd, The faster you can get him to respond, The quicker he can't.........lol

• Haha 4

Here on Earth, tell me what’s a winter worth
Climate change is no excuse, the truth hurts
And even when you chase the shit
Move counties, move states, you can’t shake the shit
Ask the sierras, the rockies, and many more
It’s been goin’ on for years, there’s plenty more
When they ask me, when will the shit pattern cease?
When the pacific pumps a ridge onto santa’s street.”

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

All 3 of those were El Niño’s too (2 of them super ninos) where climo is a lot more favorable in the 2nd half of winter.

Harder to rally in a La Niña but maybe we do this year. 

This hasn’t behaved like a nina to this point though, right? I feel like the back half of the season is a toss up. If the pac improves end of month, it could (hopefully) be more than a temporary improvement. At least enough to produce a good stretch. Whether we see the results IOBY’s is a different story.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This hasn’t behaved like a nina to this point though, right? I feel like the back half of the season is a toss up. If the pac improves end of month, it could (hopefully) be more than a temporary improvement. At least enough to produce a good stretch. Whether we see the results IOBY’s is a different story.

I mean if you ask a person on the street in California, they'd probably say it's an El Niño.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Let’s play ..” how bad will this gfs run be “ 

I’ll set the o/u for mammoth mountain at 110” and for Boston at 2” ...place your wagers 

We gotta get the weather betting going. Have you given it any more thought? We could always hook up with a more established outfit.   Dave Epstein's DroughtKings perhaps?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I used to be so excited...but now, everytime someone mentions the day 13 ensembles, I just wanna flick my finger through the inside of my cheek to make that "popping " sound that denotes sarcastic intrigue. 

never heard of that in my life. I know people do that but never heard of or knew that it meant something.