Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think it was...

Severe weather, anafrontal, WINDEX, Backlash and inverted troughs. 

Not meant to imply the science behind them isn't valid or that they never materialize, but that they are exceedingly low likelihood. 

Thanks . The fraud 5 was one my favorite posts 

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think it was...

Severe weather, anafrontal, WINDEX, Backlash and inverted troughs. 

Not meant to imply the science behind them isn't valid or that they never materialize, but that they are exceedingly low likelihood. 

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the new england fraud five is backlash, anafront, windex, severe wx, and IVT

edit: lol, the creator beat me to it

Yes, That's them, Ha ha, Now lets rank them, One being worst

1) Annafrontal

2) Backlash

3) IVT

4) Windex

5) Severe

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Also… There seems to be a failure to understand that there’s a distinction between storm frequency and what’s actually falling from the sky.

10 storms in 1930 vs 10 storms in 2020: the 10 storms in 2020 precipitating more. there’s nothing else.  it’s that simple. 

and it’s because a warmer atmosphere in which the 10 storms occur in 2020 are formulating in more available water; more available to condensation processes in the atmosphere resulting in heavier rain. 

a) define storm

b) precip != snow

• Haha 1

I suspect the “fraudulent” cred may in part be because they’ve probably been overused and abused.

The first sniff out in guidance from four or five days out may not even be interpreted correctly. I’ve seen this before, in general.  People incorrectly apply concepts of meteorology to what they’re seeing and saying.   They reach for IVT this and ANA that … it becomes the meme of the week … ultimately fails and then everybody has a bad impression for the journey.  

I mean there’s some of that too. Fact the matter is all those aspects have produced. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Um, does anyone have a clown-snow map for the uncle?  just looking at QPF, this appears to be a laugh riot for SWCT.

Looks like a chunk of that is rain, so it prob only gives a few inches at the very end.