Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

interesting ..

I've been waiting, and there it is - the 12z GFS is clearly offering a first primitive attempt at the concomitant index scaled event ...

With limited/no deterministic value at this range.  Probably a week,.. .maybe a click or two less? we may see a system to consider. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

interesting ..

I've been waiting, and there it is - the 12z GFS is clearly offering a first primitive attempt at the concomitant index scaled event ...

With limited/no deterministic value at this range.  Probably a week,.. .maybe a click or two less? we may see a system to consider. 

We’ve considered a few systems…but they didn’t consider us unfortunately so far. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

After this storm, may have to watch for some blocking in far northern Quebec. It may help the mtns anyways turn some of these events into more snowier solutions...GFS op tries to show this.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Canadian too. 

Well we gotta start somewhere, maybe this is the start of something a lil positive….kind of like the first baby step to climbing out of the deep hole we’re in.

Sure Would be nice to see some improvements. 

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

The consolation prize for this MLK weekend rainer, is planning a trip further north wouldn't have helped much, or at all. Talking Sunday River or Jay Peak to find skiable conditions, and that's too far for most.

I believe the North Conway ski mountains will be in rough shape. Even wildcat in Gorham, looks sketch. 

They will all thump on the front end, maybe even net gain 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

A tornado is the one weather event for which I'm content to never see in person.  :D

My husband was caught right in the middle of the Springfield, MA tornado... pretty much deliberately. He was on Rt91 right as it crossed the highway. He wants to go chasing again someday LOL When was that? 2011?

• Haha 4

Hi folks!

I've been using F5 weather for Euro access, but they've switched to a cheaper subscription upstream that rolls the model out an hour later (starting at 2PM/AM). I would love to switch to a service that offers more timely access. Any recommendations? Trying to keep costs down (it's just for personal use). Weatherbell looks to be too expensive for me if I'm understanding their costs right ($28/month). F5 Weather is about $10/month. Don't mind spending a bit more, but not too much more.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

What an idiot, what an idiot, what an idiot,....what a mighty good idiot. 

We see stories of people doing really dumb stuff in the face of bad conditions and it rarely ends well. 

One thing to awe at mother nature, it’s another put you your life in danger. 

Live free or die I guess…

Just now, sankaty said:

Hi folks!

I've been using F5 weather for Euro access, but they've switched to a cheaper subscription upstream that rolls the model out an hour later (starting at 2PM/AM). I would love to switch to a service that offers more timely access. Any recommendations? Trying to keep costs down (it's just for personal use). Weatherbell looks to be too expensive for me if I'm understanding their costs right ($28/month). F5 Weather is about $10/month. Don't mind spending a bit more, but not too much more.

Thanks!

Weathermodels.com

The theme of the next few weeks looks to be much of the same as it was in December even after the record warmth ends. On the long range models at first glance the long range looks favorable, with a -nao and western ridge. However, the western ridge axis is displaced several hundred miles west of ideal, which supports an inland running track like we saw in December. This isn’t a 2011-2012 winter, but I don’t think it’s going to be a snowy one in SNE. Like 2018-2019, it looks like the dominant storm track will remain to our west meaning we will be looking….. you guessed it, up and in!

• Like 1