Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Yup! Crazy little guy... pushed his car across nearly two lanes. He's toned down some since

5 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Certainly is LOL, just glad he survived and got over that period in life

That’s incredible. Absolutely wild and extraordinarily dangerous. :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We see stories of people doing really dumb stuff in the face of bad conditions and it rarely ends well. 

One thing to awe at mother nature, it’s another put you your life in danger. 

Live free or die I guess…

It is interesting what some people will do when they're in a bad place in life. He was struggling at the time so like he said, the risk didn't seem like anything compared to what it would now. So let that be a lesson to all the snow weenies on this board :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

My husband was caught right in the middle of the Springfield, MA tornado... pretty much deliberately. He was on Rt91 right as it crossed the highway. He wants to go chasing again someday LOL When was that? 2011?

That's so funny.. my ex also was In that Tornado. I remember you called me and said he can't find a way around it as he worked in Springfield and we lived in somers at the time. I took him four hours to get home. It was crazy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

That's so funny.. my ex also was In that Tornado. I remember you called me and said he can't find a way around it as he worked in Springfield and we lived in somers at the time. I took him four hours to get home. It was crazy.

That's crazy! He actually didn't mean to get caught near the center of the thing, but traffic was stopped ahead of him so there was no where to go. It's actually the reason I never use limited access highways during snow storms, you run out of options quick.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Yup! Crazy little guy... pushed his car across nearly two lanes. He's toned down some since

That's awesome. My uncle, may he rest in peace, was no storm chaser, but has the distinction of being probably the only person ever from Connecticut to get hit directly by three tornadoes. The July '89  F4 went right over his house, May '18 went over him on Gaylord Mountain Rd as he was commuting home from Waterbury, and the August '20 F1 went over him as he was driving in North Haven.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

It is interesting what some people will do when they're in a bad place in life. He was struggling at the time so like he said, the risk didn't seem like anything compared to what it would now. So let that be a lesson to all the snow weenies on this board :lol:

Nothing nearly as dramatic, but I first started chasing during a period of uncertainty in my life in DC. Went to Portland for a blizzard, and just fell in love with the peace and awe that came with going to experience high end wx events.

It has evolved a lot for me since then, but chasing is part of my DNA now. So much so that my wife (who hates wx) has come along a couple times to support. 

There’s just nothing like it, as dangerous as it can be sometimes. 

E62749EA-BA06-45D7-91D5-84C1C846C3CA.thumb.jpeg.43d405c7a49622a246c2ad1c934cdb50.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nothing nearly as dramatic, but I first started chasing during a period of uncertainty in my life in DC. Went to Portland for a blizzard, and just fell in love with the peace and awe that came with going to experience high end wx events.

It has evolved a lot for me since then, but chasing is part of my DNA now. So much so that my wife (who hates wx) has come along a couple times to support. 

There’s just nothing like it, as dangerous as it can be sometimes. 

E62749EA-BA06-45D7-91D5-84C1C846C3CA.thumb.jpeg.43d405c7a49622a246c2ad1c934cdb50.jpeg

What a woman, what a woman, what a woman, what a mighty fine wo…man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

After this storm, may have to watch for some blocking in far northern Quebec. It may help the mtns anyways turn some of these events into more snowier solutions...GFS op tries to show this.

I noticed some wedgier solutions in the LR. Not necessarily very snowy here, but enough for slop and cold rain while it’s tulips down there. 

14 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I used to be so excited...but now, everytime someone mentions the day 13 ensembles, I just wanna flick my finger through the inside of my cheek to make that "popping " sound that denotes sarcastic intrigue. 

26 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

we hope and pray

2E0112F9-7F7C-4F2C-BD82-2FA79A5293D6.thumb.png.9efffb2b8dfea4ccbdac55aa676c9390.png

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Delayed Narcan for Ray? Hate to see that.

Speed of the server isn't one of the qualities that I prioritize with respect to data....I get the impulsive D-drip from this site. I just want quality data with good graphics to go back and parse through when making the forecasts.

• Like 1

I wonder if 2002-03 is a good analog for 2023-24?  Reasonably robust but not off the charts nino following 3 year ninas.  That was a long cold and snowy winter with fun in December, some fun in January, and an epic February.  March was good also.  One of my favorite winters.  Snow otg for most of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I wonder if 2002-03 is a good analog for 2023-24?  Reasonably robust but not off the charts nino following 3 year ninas.  That was a long cold and snowy winter with fun in December, some fun in January, and an epic February.  March was good also.  One of my favorite winters.  Snow otg for most of it.

Yes.

1957, 1976, 1986, 2002 and 2014.

I like 57, 86 and 2002 best because I don't think it will be weak.

It should be a reasonably strong el nino that is not east-based and doesn't suck.

• Like 1