Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

32 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

My first step would be ban Bob 

Can we get some over/ under action on the daily highs / lows and also on any storm  snowfall Totals for various locations when that blesses us with its appearance . You know what I’m saying . 

Turn  this into even more of a degenerate hangout and make some money for the site in the process 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can we get some over/ under action on the daily highs / lows and also on any storm  snowfall Totals for various locations when that blesses us with its appearance . You know what I’m saying . 

Turn  this into even more of a degenerate hangout and make some money for the site in the process 

I've always thought that would be a great idea. With Venmo we can do it. I'm in.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kdxken said:

If it's going to suck, let's have it suck hard. Get some real warmth in here and open up some more courses. With the short days it's a b**** finding a tee time.

Folks were playing at the New Haven Country Club yesterday. I also saw blooming dandelions and daffodils coming up. This weather is confusing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I've always thought that would be a great idea. With Venmo we can do it. I'm in.

Exactly.

we can do it “off site” 

have a text group , someone knowledgeable set the lines , we would use official stations , would liven things up in boring periods and even on storm totals 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Please. Let's do it. You know I'm a degenerate 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Exactly.

we can do it “off site” 

have a text group , someone knowledgeable set the lines , we would use official stations , would liven things up in boring periods and even on storm totals 

Dendrite is good with numbers and Will can do the historical averages to set the lines. Problem lies in who will be the bank?

I've been to a few of get togethers and truthfully most everyone seemed sketchy. Jerry struck me as the most trustworthy but he is getting up there in years. Not sure we want to go through probate court to get our winnings.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Dendrite is good with numbers and Will can do the historical averages to set the lines. Problem lies in who will be the bank?

I've been to a few of get togethers and truthfully most everyone seemed sketchy. Jerry struck me as the most trustworthy but he is getting up there in years. Not sure we want to go through probate court to get our winnings.

The lines could be set and instead of a bank someone takes a position on the line and when someone else with the opposing point of view wants the other side then there is a official wager and any other wagers require two People sort of taking equal sides to a line 

Jeezus, I was watching the replay. It happens in baseball where a player takes a ball to the chest and it stops their heart. The players definitely collided, can't quite tell if would be blunt force trauma enough to disrupt heart rhythm, or maybe an aortic torsion? Or maybe he had an undiagnosed heart issue? 

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Jeezus, I was watching the replay. It happens in baseball where a player takes a ball to the chest and it stops their heart. The players definitely collided, can't quite tell if would be blunt force trauma enough to disrupt heart rhythm, or maybe an aortic torsion? Or maybe he had an undiagnosed heart issue? 

There’s a genetic condition where excessive exertion can actually cause the heart to weaken. It happens in soccer or is exposed rather more often than football American. But it strikes me in that replay like that’s what that was. But will have to get the official.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah just saw that and edited.  That's a good sign.  AED showing a pulse is what I'm seeing reported, that swings the odds back the other way quite a bit.  Very critical but there's hope.

That sounds like a coma state, but hoping he can pull through and start breathing on his own

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

That sounds like a coma state, but hoping he can pull through

I guess I'm going and hoping on there have been skiers who have fallen very hard and gone into some sort of arrhythmia from trauma of hitting chest just the wrong way.... only to have the AED shock up to 4 times and make a save.  Those folks usually end up taking breaths on their own though.

9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

sounds like you're describing commotio cordis

• Like 2