• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

39 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Hats off to cmp for getting power restored, at least in our hood very quickly. First outage was 3.5hr and 2nd was 2hrs. Ordinarily, we'd be powerless much longer. Probably had to do with all the out of state line workers that were still here from last weekend

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Power went off early yesterday morning and we thought our first long-term run of the generator had begun.  That machine shut off, surprisingly, just 2 hours later and other than some blinks, we had power from then on.  Wind gusts here probably topped out near 40, still 12" OG after 3.25", 7/8 of which was RA with several hours at 45-46°, after the SN/IP start.

Morning low here 12°, one degree AN.  Low at NYC: 7°, twenty degrees BN.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dendrite said:

yeah there’s 2 in the notch…echo lake and mt lafayette. The echo lake station had the 93mph, but it was 50-60mph before the transmitting went out. Most of the DOT stations use ultrasonics so it’s possible it got a little glitchy with the heavy rain and wind. It’s 1900ft which is a little low to be pulling off 93mph. 
https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=NHFNS&year1=2022&month1=12&day1=24&hour1=5&past=1&time=GMT

Tossed. We chucked that LSR before I had a chance to nix it. I could've believed a 70 mph, 90+ is just a bridge too far.

• Like 1

I was about 1/4 mile away from getting Moultonboro'd last night.

The whispering pines condos got wrecked. It used to be a nice dense shady lot but it's so open and sparse looking now.  Hard to tell, but I think they lost 4 of their biggest pines, which pancaked everything else around them.

IMG_1500.PNG

IMG_1499.PNG

This is like 500 feet away from me... sewage pump station lost part of its roof.

IMG_1501.PNG

Some strips of marina roofing are missing.

Haven't made it over by Governors Island yet... based upon the outage map, they had a lot of fun last night. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I was about 1/4 mile away from getting Moultonboro'd last night.

The whispering pines condos got wrecked. It used to be a nice dense shady lot but it's so open and sparse looking now.  Hard to tell, but I think they lost 4 of their biggest pines, which pancaked everything else around them.

IMG_1500.PNG

IMG_1499.PNG

This is like 500 feet away from me... sewage pump station lost part of its roof.

IMG_1501.PNG

Some strips of marina roofing are missing.

Haven't made it over by Governors Island yet... based upon the outage map, they had a lot of fun last night. 

Now that is damage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

...Pickles out in Buffalo, heading back to his car with a MILF that he dug out of a single bar last night.

Screenshot_20221224_102629_Chrome.jpg

Lol. We rest up and pray for more feet later tonite , maybe I need to wait for the New Year’s Eve melting .

Transit Road is laughable right now . Not sure if they have a plow that can move 18 wheelers out of the way or SUV’s stuck in middle or road. I thought this main road was kept open and cleared lol . This looks eery and everything is stuck out there .  Let’s pile another 28” on And keep the winds stiff 

• Like 1

Spoke to some folks in the lobby as everyone has a story it seems. One guy said he was rescued with his 3 kids last nite . I said how far away is your car stuck , “15 miles maybe “ I said are you sure .. where was it stuck ..he put in location and it was 1.2 miles away . He said it  took 2 hours to get here as the SUV cruiser kept getting stuck and Had to maneuver around other stuck cars and the officer would stop and check for people inside . 

• Like 3