• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

You were right about this horrible pattern

1st time ever

Kudos 

Lol. Dude is like JB in reverse. Never saw a pattern that didn’t suck…so he can take credit for every time it doesn’t work out. 

The longwave pattern has been pretty favorable but you can’t always assume nuances will work out. Hell, we just had a storm with 20-burgers not that far away…a storm that would’ve been a cutter if not for the blocking. But we missed a big storm down here by about 1-2C in the BL. The 12/11 system also would have been a mild rainer if not for the blocking.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. Dude is like JB in reverse. Never saw a pattern that didn’t suck…so he can take credit for every time it doesn’t work out. 

The longwave pattern has been pretty favorable but you can’t always assume nuances will work out. Hell, we just had a storm with 20-burgers not that far away…a storm that would’ve been a cutter if not for the blocking. But we missed a big storm down here by about 1-2C in the BL. The 12/11 system also would have been a mild rainer if not for the blocking.

Thank god the blocking was here to make the rain colder and even more miserable.

I honestly think we need to have it go to shit and reset.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah esp after ski country just got an awesome base builder. Getting a screamer would suck. 

At least powderfreak can host his annul Xmas skimming party. 

Keep retrograding that ridge offshore and let the -epo dump straight into the 4 corners.  Screw GRB we want a blizzard for GFK.  That's what I'm cheering for.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thank god the blocking was here to make the rain colder and even more miserable.

I honestly think we need to have it go to shit and reset.

I hope now is with this extreme cutter working through the Midwest, that it will help to reset things and drag the cold air down, and hopefully can grab on to something after this storm passes. 

I don't think any of us will ever give up hope, even when we say we're done. 

maybe I should get back to Florida, only time it actually snowed and accumulated here was when I was there, and now this one is trending towards crapping the bed? be awful to waste such a favorable pattern, congrats NNE folks tho on the last one, still have a few inches otg from the storm when I was gone, but drip drip...

Sucks that it will be another mild and green Christmas week.  

However, those that are happy and healthy and blessed with family enjoy it! You never know when that will change.  Our community had a horrible loss this week when a father with a wife and 3 young ones died within 7 weeks of cancer diagnosis.  

I am definitely going to make a concerted effort to enjoy the family and holidays more than ever this year.  

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone, hope you can enjoy! 

• Like 14