• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Does that very narrow scope constitute being "skunked "? What does he average, 1-2 white Xmas/decade??

Yeah prob about 20-25% there historically. We’ve def been getting a little unlucky recently overall with the frequency of pack annihilators in December…but nothing has been too ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah prob about 20-25% there historically. We’ve def been getting a little unlucky recently overall with the frequency of pack annihilators in December…but nothing has been too ridiculous. 

Yea, the December misfortune has been on a regional level, though. 

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

13 years is a long time even with the crappy odds here. That isn’t even debatable.

I'm sorry, missing out on a white Christmas doesn't sit in the same room as having 4 shitty winters in a row.  Not close.  One day vs 4 months.  So given the importance, let's give that day a month's worth.  You still are overdoing the bitching.  But i love you and remember you snowblowing 30+ last winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It may be more an issue that initial coastal wave is impacting the entire thing, several people here pointed that out yesterday, if you're in Chicago or Detroit and want snow you'd most definitely be worried about that system because that can wreck this event for them...I still think the best case scenario though is this is a NRN or CNTRL NE event, even BDL/PVD may have a hard time getting this to come back enough for notable snow

The antecedent airmass up here is good and the snow cover will help so it might not be a disaster 

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm sorry, missing out on a white Christmas doesn't sit in the same room as having 4 shitty winters in a row.  Not close.  One day vs 4 months.  So given the importance, let's give that day a month's worth.  You still are overdoing the bitching.  But i love you and remember you snowblowing 30+ last winter.

LOL no argument from me. He’s had it worse. But I am frustrated with the lack of snow around Christmas despite the overall very good run here 

Regardless of what transpires. A huge letdown for many, no doubt. 
It's a "tracker" a huge storm at that.
There are things that can be controlled, weather is not one of them.
Attitude toward emotional involvement surely can be controlled and tempered knowing there is always another chance.
As a hobbyist, serious business for sure, I try to keep it fun.
NEXT...