• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We still watch.  Could still drop appreciable snow, even if messy.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS was a lot of snow on the front end…esp interior. Your area was def worse though. 

Yet I get a weenie emoji.  It's a messy storm most likely but the antecedent airmass is still legit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Maybe the GFS is right with the fast flow . That's what usually happens in La Nina winters , not wrapped up bombs

It may be more an issue that initial coastal wave is impacting the entire thing, several people here pointed that out yesterday, if you're in Chicago or Detroit and want snow you'd most definitely be worried about that system because that can wreck this event for them...I still think the best case scenario though is this is a NRN or CNTRL NE event, even BDL/PVD may have a hard time getting this to come back enough for notable snow

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You have been anything but skunked lol 

Yeah he was trying to lump himself in as “unlucky”….lol. I guess for the very narrow scope of white Xmas he has been but overall he’s been about the luckiest spot compared to climo in SNE the past decade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah he was trying to lump himself in as “unlucky”….lol. I guess for the very narrow scope of white Xmas he has been but overall he’s been about the luckiest spot compared to climo in SNE the past decade. 

Does that very narrow scope constitute being "skunked "? What does he average, 1-2 white Xmas/decade??