Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just awful. 

Might you be right for December Kevin??? 

DAMN YOU..... Lolol ( joking off course ). 

The models have trended away from the colder pattern switch in the East as of now. They could switch back of course, but I just don't understand ( or have to much faith in the models ) anymore.  It just seems like the weather is just so volatile that the global models can never get a good handle on the long range.

Anyone care to chime in on this? 

17 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My daughter goes to school outside of Philadelphia----no leaves at all on the trees down there  EWR must be special.

There still hasn't been a killing frost here..

I tried to get a fire going last night and there was like zero draft it was so warm.

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

For who ?

Gefs still looks really good

Yeah GEFS squishes the SE ridge while EPS creates more of a battle ground. Difference likely that GEFS goes further into Phase 8 while EPS quickly kills the wave.

Both have blocking so EPS should still be ok for SNE even northern half of Jersey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah GEFS squishes the SE ridge while EPS creates more of a battle ground. Difference likely that GEFS goes further into Phase 8 while EPS quickly kills the wave.

Both have blocking so EPS should still be ok for SNE even northern half of Jersey.

December was always going to be a battleground. We just need the ridge to be tampered down. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BrianW said:

There still hasn't been a killing frost here..

I tried to get a fire going last night and there was like zero draft it was so warm.

You're out of your mind. Newark has been freezing or below for the  Past 6 nights  With a low of 24 and 2 days of 27゚.  It has been colder than all the New York city reporting stations The last week 

1 minute ago, binbisso said:

Ensembles look fine.  We have to watch next weekend for a wave riding along the front as it presses against the Southeast ridge And gets hung up.  After that there's a signal for a coastal storm The week of December 5th As the G EFS pops a PNA ridge

Yeah it’s always been after 12/5. Not sure why that is difficult for some to understand. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it’s always been after 12/5. Not sure why that is difficult for some to understand. 

I think we're all a little anxious to get our 1st snowfall which is always very special.  Plus we've had 9 straight days of below normal temperatures well below normal on some of those days so hate to waste the cold air.  I got down to 21 here in Westchester County. Would have loved to time that with some moisture.  Very early yet and a lot of good signs out there and we usually don't get our 1st snow here till after December 15th

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

I think we're all a little anxious to get our 1st snowfall which is always very special.  Plus we've had 9 straight days of below normal temperatures well below normal on some of those days so hate to waste the cold air.  I got down to 21 here in Westchester County. Would have loved to time that with some moisture.  Very early yet and a lot of good signs out there and we usually don't get our 1st snow here till after December 15th

Yeah I get it, but there is a reason why we don’t get much snow prior to 12/15. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Also I think people get freaked out by the H5 maps on the EPS. They have a little more SE ridging than the GEFS but it’s still a cold pattern

This H5 pattern

1565C517-D9E7-4D6F-BABB-7C5E2E0AA777.thumb.png.8ac4b8728e95c3c0809986c24119426c.png

Produces this temperature anomaly…

B7D16A9C-71C5-4AEB-BFCE-4949A6D4762F.thumb.png.85f66291fb85802f7e393526b7d7c48f.png 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, binbisso said:

You're out of your mind. Newark has been freezing or below for the  Past 6 nights  With a low of 24 and 2 days of 27゚.  It has been colder than all the New York city reporting stations The last week 

I dunno.  I'm in SWCT, climatologically not much different than EWR, and here's the view from my kitchen window this morning:

asian-tropical-rainforest-260nw-1250238541.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Yes EWR has dropped below freezing but the concrete jungle on the outskirts has not.  It looks like August here and you guys are like 2 months behind...