Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s truly extraordinary to see this kind of stuff so close to an event. Even if it’s 20mb too deep, I think it’d be an all time record for the region.

ch3T166.png

I just Googled it.  948mb Hurricane Ginny in 1963 was the strongest hurricane to ever make landfall in Canada.  Wow, if this is right

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s truly extraordinary to see this kind of stuff so close to an event. Even if it’s 20mb too deep, I think it’d be an all time record for the region.

ch3T166.png

WTF…now it’s down to 920 mb??  Euro gone wild.  

I’m truly envious…I know I know it’s gonna wreck the hell out that area, but it’s hard not to feel a lil left out. 

24 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Good thing there's like 5 people that live there.

Hurricane force winds will be 100s of miles across as well as the surge so I think it's gonna affect a lot more people than you think.

It'll also be going extra tropical which will spread out the strongest winds further out from the center. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Hurricane force finds will be 100s of miles across as well as the surge so I think it's gonna affect a lot more people than you think.

It'll also be going extra tropical which will spread out the strongest winds further out from the center. 

The worst impacts will be to the right and maybe significantly right of the track because it’ll expand so much. Not sure where the ‘worst’ Sandy impact would’ve been but it was well away from the center. Still sparsely populated from the looks of it but a huge area overall as you said. I remember some insane Euro/GFS runs with a 930 mb Sandy into NJ which ended up 945 at landfall, but this is a full month before Sandy and the same phase/ET process will be taking place before so I can definitely see it being stronger. Thankfully is right this is missing the huge population centers because it would be catastrophic. 

The worst impacts will be to the right and maybe significantly right of the track because it’ll expand so much. Not sure where the ‘worst’ Sandy impact would’ve been but it was well away from the center. Still sparsely populated from the looks of it but a huge area overall as you said. I remember some insane Euro/GFS runs with a 930 mb Sandy into NJ which ended up 945 at landfall, but this is a full month before Sandy and the same phase/ET process will be taking place before so I can definitely see it being stronger. Thankfully is right this is missing the huge population centers because it would be catastrophic. 

I’m just trying to wrap my head around what’s going to happen to sable island. If there is a worst place in the world to be during a storm of this magnitude it’s there. I hope they evacuate the 3 people (park workers) that live there. This is a game changer there

17 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m just trying to wrap my head around what’s going to happen to sable island. If there is a worst place in the world to be during a storm of this magnitude it’s there. I hope they evacuate the 3 people (park workers) that live there. This is a game changer there

Poor horsies :-(

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looks like the town of Port Hawkesbury would be the place to go to chase.  Population 3200.  West end of Cape Bretton Island.  To get the full effect you want to be just east of the eye so the south wind can blast you.  Still time for a road trip to get there.  

Screenshot 2022-09-21 155803.jpg

They will get smoked for sure and are likely right where you want to be to record the lowest pressure, but with the transition ongoing I’m not sure we get a traditional eye even if this held together to have major winds at landfall. 

I’m expecting the center to expand and push the biggest winds out further. It could be a situation where the eastern shore of Cape Breton and the northern shore of NS see the best winds. You kind of see that across guidance. It’ll be interesting to see if an eyewall stays intact.

sUIEs3H.png
Yq4jKxt.png

IsczrqK.png