Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Good drink. First day in a long time won’t have to water the garden.

Filled up my rain barrel and buckets. Enough for 18 days without another drop of rain for the fruit and vegetables. 

Droughts are not an issue if you have any kind of rain water collection system from gutter run-off. It obviously varies by square footage of roof  but 0.1” of rain is approx 10 gallons rain water in your tank. That’s all I need for 35 plants - 0.1” rain/week on average. 

...and they help to not run up the water bill...easy to install....what is not to like? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wow.  I just mowed Monday after mowing last Wednesday 

Yeah, I can’t believe how much more rain you have gotten than most of Franklin Co.  You are only about 30mi East of me.
 I mean, I expect you to double my precipitation in the winter but not in the summer months too. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

We warned them in April but it only took until the middle of July . Lol dude

It’s like when SkiMRG (still think he should come back) used to post “Big, big winter incoming” in October… and keep saying it only to have the first warning level snow come in February.  Its funny but loses punch over time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I saw a cute scud funnel on my drive this morning. 

If one cares to look and study with excruciating attention to detail... just about every CU in the sky may extend a micro-rope  from its shred edges into free air.  Probably like 'steam dogs' attached to the frilled edge...   These can range to slightly bigger.  I actually saw one through a pair of binoculars once, and you could see it rotating.   ...another look and they've vanished.   They are very micro and brief.  But there are a kind that are between that that are longer and dangle.  We were driving out of Narra beach and encountered the CU line of the seabreeze boundary around Rt 1 ...and there was a rope extending quite a ways at an angle across the highway before us... it was really interesting. They are basically any such rope funnel not associated with an organized cyclonic updraft.. but like a 'fractal rotating' parcel of air that happened to get stretched in general - it will speed up enough to lowering pressure and condensation occurs along the axis, briefly exposing their existence.   Then of course there are 'gust nados' and 'land spouts' associated with gust front shear. 

Dust Devils can actually do EOF1 ...though very rare.

• Like 1