Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

37 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I'd bet on Sam Darnold throwing for 7000 yards and 75 TD's while leading the Panthers to the 1st prefect Super Bowl season since the 72 Dolphins than 4 straight 100+ degree days at Bradley..

Image result for sam darnold carolina panthers gif

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment...

We have haven't had the "synergistic heat wave" scenario yet during this last two or so decades of 'hockey-stick' CC  - those events that have increased in frequency, globally, during these last 20 to 30 years.  Particularly the last 15 ...   I mean I just called it hockey-stick, but the metaphor of dove-tailing upward may be more apropos.

Anyway, we've been above normal disproportionately ..as our contribution to the GW puzzle.  But we have not really had that special kind of E.R. casualty with dying cattle in the fields type of ordeal like that which has incinerated parts of France, Australia .. .the Urals, the Pac NW last year... , or relative to climo, that which took place up in Siberia so hotly anomalous as to trigger methane permafrost blow-out cratering. 

Some hyperbole there for fun .. but one should get my meaning.  We've been stuck on the B-theater district, awe-struck by nocturnal low biases. Whoa!  That should really send the message of a dire climate crisis home!   lol... 

Brian and I have been talking about this a bit over recent times, that it may be a matter of time before a western/SW heat release times with atmospheric rogue wave event, where the two then super-impose uniquely up in the OV/NE arc. 

That thing out there in the 06z GFS is, for the record, less likely to occur for the obvious essay of reasons... but, we are quite possibly living with a ticking time bomb where all at once, some event that all-times all records, between Detroit and Boston, like 6 superbowl rings - not likely to be ever "matched"  ( dad-pun intended)

30 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment...

We have haven't had the "synergistic heat wave" scenario yet during this last two or so decades of 'hockey-stick' CC  - those events that have increased in frequency, globally, during these last 20 to 30 years.  Particularly the last 15 ...   I mean I just called it hockey-stick, but the metaphor of dove-tailing upward may be more apropos.

Anyway, we've been above normal disproportionately ..as our contribution to the GW puzzle.  But we have not really had that special kind of E.R. casualty with dying cattle in the fields type of ordeal like that which has incinerated parts of France, Australia .. .the Urals, the Pac NW last year... , or relative to climo, that which took place up in Siberia so hotly anomalous as to trigger methane permafrost blow-out cratering. 

Some hyperbole there for fun .. but one should get my meaning.  We've been stuck on the B-theater district, awe-struck by nocturnal low biases. Whoa!  That should really send the message of a dire climate crisis home!   lol... 

Brian and I have been talking about this a bit over recent times, that it may be a matter of time before a western/SW heat release times with atmospheric rogue wave event, where the two then super-impose uniquely up in the OV/NE arc. 

That thing out there in the 06z GFS is, for the record, less likely to occur for the obvious essay of reasons... but, we are quite possibly living with a ticking time bomb where all at once, some event that all-times all records, between Detroit and Boston, like 6 superbowl rings - not likely to be ever "matched"  ( dad-pun intended)

So you are saying we are due so to speak 

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So you are saying we are due so to speak 

... trying to avoid that, but sort of.

Thing is, it's hard to know the "due" aspect because it's all discovery when the climate is in fact changing.   One doesn't know what the end game looks like.  It may change into a paradigm where we never get hot, at the expense of other areas of that planet becoming unlivable.   

etc...   it could be that we are in a sense, 'over due,' and we've just been lucky. 

The purpose is to point out that a scenario like a huge SW expulsion sending magenta mass inject ..timed exquisitely into a 600 dam ridge bomb that happened to be synoptically forced from some other pattern modality...  These timed events lend to extraordinary results and are not impossible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Great run to run consistency as always on GFS

E07FFCB3-BAD1-48F5-A69A-F4863C7909B7.png

Yeah... goes without saying, no guidance is inherently very useful at that range ( D10 to 20  haha) but, I just outlined some observations about the GFS to Weatherwiz, explaining some of it's unique personality in that regard. 

Also, this nails what we were talking about wrt to the 'false' pattern change - 2 or 3 cycles where the GFS ( sometimes the others included) start hinting or outright throwing out the change, only to have the modeled pattern regress and back-tamp higher heights into the SW again. 

I almost wonder if this is one of those summers that does this the whole way, then... alas, September 7 -15 there's 'heat wave' under tepid sun.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The ensembles hadn’t bought into the heat so we’ll see.  It has to get hot at some point.

18A1E5EE-107B-47A0-9B67-83B8BEBCE1B4.thumb.png.3a85ad62fee94ca3961400086573ce96.png

9CA13B9E-E5F0-445C-91FA-F3CAC9BB6BB8.thumb.png.c61080fe3991b81ddd883be85f4b9b1b.png

Some on here have been touting dews and heat for over two months - so to throw them a bone at this juncture would be the merciful thing to do. the war had been lost long ago but the soldiers still fight on. sad to see it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Touché, ha.

I get your point though. I'm expecting more of the same except with a continued climo bump to it. Maybe trending toward longer warmups and weaker cold fronts?

That ridge in the central US doesn't seem to want to go anywhere so that tends to favor the weakness and troughiness in SE Can. We need to get the ridge centered more into the TN/OH valley....or retrograde it into the west coast.

• Sad 1