Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ya'll remember Will and the rest of those guys from the NE forum coming into our thread and being amazed by what we were about to experience in 2016? They are about to get their 2016 up there. 

It's like a Cowboys fan (like me) recalling the glory days, now over a quarter century ago. Thankfully we don't have to wait that long for a historic, at least Top 10 snowfall around these parts. 

Reminisce with these GEFS panels just before the 1/22-23 event 6 years ago. Every member had at least a foot for DCA. We'll get there again someday, and it will be oh-so-sweet when it happens!

Screenshot_20220127-214947_Facebook.jpg

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Why is it painful? We've been on the brink of a shutout since it first showed up. Now things are looking better here. You want to rush through snow in your back yard? 

Heh...if I fully believed in "be nice to make nature" I'd be afraid to admit I've started to look past whatever we do get because it ain't bigger stuff--because that would mean I wouldn't get anything else, lol But seriously I mean...the 2-4" will still look nice...and this month is more snow than we've seen the last couple of years! And I have been enjoying actually having a legit winter--and would take this all day over winter 2019-20 (yuck)

But all the same, I ain't at the point where hearing about the big hit elsewhere doesn't hurt. I wish I didn't know--it would make what we do get even more enjoyable. Seeing these maps? Painful. But I'll try to be grateful

I’m about 150 feet from the beach at Ocean City, MD. I’m having a hard time imagining over a foot of snow on the beach along with 40-50 mph gusts. Blowing snow, laced with sand, sounds very, very wicked. There should be a special name for the weather event or conditions of blowing sand and snow together….is there one?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stradivarious said:

I’m about 150 feet from the beach at Ocean City, MD. I’m having a hard time imagining over a foot of snow on the beach along with 40-50 mph gusts. Blowing snow, laced with sand, sounds very, very wicked. There should be a special name for the weather event or conditions of blowing sand and snow together….is there one?

image.png.7f84e4257d672cd27ea177c9418900b8.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stradivarious said:

I am down on the bayside off of Jamestown Road. Looking forward to walking the beach Saturday morning with snow blowing.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StormyClearweather said:

image.thumb.png.5c58b20c357e906632780a3c57358352.png

Just wild. But poor Oneonta.

Lived just north of Waterbury from birth up until 10 years ago. Still have a bunch of family there. Have had some absolute doozies up there. Most memorable one was 38”. It snowed 3-4”/hr for hours on end. Was incredible to see.

Missed this sob by one weekend. Was just up for a wedding last weekend. Man what could’ve been.

• Like 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic