Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Silver Meteor said:

Hello, I've a question for you. If Kuchera snow totals are misleading, why are they so often posted? I notice the "regular" snow totals are always noticeably less.

They usually do a pretty good job.  The other alternative is the snow depth charts.  It can help lower expectations. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silver Meteor said:

Hello, I've a question for you. If Kuchera snow totals are misleading, why are they so often posted? I notice the "regular" snow totals are always noticeably less.

Kuchera sucks unless you're planning on the temps being fairly cold. They are going to be cold, but I would probably still add the kuchera + regular totals, divide it by 2 and take that number as a good idea in this case.

I am an uneducated mouth breather so take the advice as you will

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
It basically kinda tucks and stalls for them.  I awed and simultaneously sick at the same time.

We just live in the wrong place

Most of the time. But not always brother. This one has been theirs the entire time. It's a jumper. And we all know what that means. I am just happy we will all most likely see 2-4 on the front from it. 

• Like 1

I lived in Boston from 2014 to 2017.  Had some incredible snows, especially 2014-2015 winter.  But most people just go about their days.  Law school was closed three times total that winter, despite 108 inches of snow.  There’s something inherently special about getting it over here in MD.

…. or so I tell myself as I get an inch of snow and they get 30 tomorrow 

• Like 3

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic