Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

:clown:Sterling:

&& .NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM FRIDAY MORNING/... High pressure will slide offshore tonight. The combination of high cloudsincreasing overnight and a light south flow to start the night should keep low temperatures a bit milder in a relative sense when compared to this morning. A leading atmospheric disturbance ahead of a larger system developing over the central U.S. will likelydeliver some snow shower activity along and west of the Allegheny Front tonight, with generally a coating to an inch or two expected. && .SHORT TERM /6 AM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/... Guidance this evening has trended a little northwest. In addition to this, we are now entering the within 24-hour window for the entire area. Therefore, nudged snowfall up a little from what was inherited and added winter weather advisories across our eastern zones, primarily near and east of I-95. These may need to be expanded into the metro proper given snowfall starting near rush hour and the very low rush-hour criteria over the metro, but will leave that decision to later shifts. Also want to watch guidance trends to see where things land as far as 0Z model shifts.

3 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

:clown:Sterling:

&& .NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM FRIDAY MORNING/... High pressure will slide offshore tonight. The combination of high cloudsincreasing overnight and a light south flow to start the night should keep low temperatures a bit milder in a relative sense when compared to this morning. A leading atmospheric disturbance ahead of a larger system developing over the central U.S. will likelydeliver some snow shower activity along and west of the Allegheny Front tonight, with generally a coating to an inch or two expected. && .SHORT TERM /6 AM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/... Guidance this evening has trended a little northwest. In addition to this, we are now entering the within 24-hour window for the entire area. Therefore, nudged snowfall up a little from what was inherited and added winter weather advisories across our eastern zones, primarily near and east of I-95. These may need to be expanded into the metro proper given snowfall starting near rush hour and the very low rush-hour criteria over the metro, but will leave that decision to later shifts. Also want to watch guidance trends to see where things land as far as 0Z model shifts.

Could have summed it up with “we just can’t know”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL, funny sentence, but I just don’t see that.

think ji’s right above yours might be funnier.

I’ve been all in on this feature for a few days now since I’m too west and Millville and some other mets online have been fairly bullish. If it continues to juice up someone will do surprisingly well, I think. 5” might be tough
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

think ji’s right above yours might be funnier.

I’ve been all in on this feature for a few days now since I’m too west and Millville and some other mets online have been fairly bullish. If it continues to juice up someone will do surprisingly well, I think. 5” might be tough

So I’ve lived here forever and I don’t ever remember a similar scenario to what is being forecast (let’s say 1-2”).  It seems we either get snow from the coastal or we get totally shut out.  When is the last time we got snow in a setup like this (assuming we miss all from the coastal)?  I’m legit asking, not being negative or anything.  I just can’t recall. 

So I’ve lived here forever and I don’t ever remember a similar scenario to what is being forecast (let’s say 1-2”).  It seems we either get snow from the coastal or we get totally shut out.  When is the last time we got snow in a setup like this (assuming we miss all from the coastal)?  I’m legit asking, not being negative or anything.  I just can’t recall. 

I’m not knowledgeable enough to answer this so I’d have to phone a friend, lol. I feel like people have been talking this up as a sorta unique set up, so that has its dangers.

2 minutes ago, Swiscaster said:

2 minutes ago, Swiscaster said:

I think you're right about that...I thought it was was either coastal or shut out too. We almost never get anything in between...which is why I'm surprised we're in the game for much of anything!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swiscaster said:

We got in the scraps of the storm that this one has been compared to many times because of the Euro/NAM failure in NYC. Boston did get crushed to start their record snow blitz: 1/26/2015. 

1-3” started falling in the evening in our area as the coastal was deepening too far east to deliver 20-30” for NYC. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Which one? Lol

I think he means the second storm, I wanna say 9-10 Feb.  Its the only thing I could think of as well.  I got decent snow, yes, and east and north of me got way more, but that was a case where we were all modeled to get some significant snow because the low was juiced coming in from the west.  This one is not really juiced until it jumps to the coast, and I just wonder if this patch of light snow would actually materialize.

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic