• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

I really hope this comes west. Just a few ticks. Whoa that's a big move west! It came west again! Hey, wow that's really, really west again. Okay, seriously, it can stop now. It will tick back east, it always does. We still have time for this to adjust. Okay we just lost the GFS. I can't believe this is happening. Fk this storm.

ZVQ1kkv.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Yes, E Mass is fine. Only question is 15 or 30, but the models have been locked on that area for days now. It's everyone else outside the bubble that are swinging wildly.

I know. We are all guilty of this including me. I just think people are more prone to overreacting than ever for whatever reason. 

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the absurd rate potential for this storm. To illustrate this point broadly, I've attached a sounding from the 12z 3km NAM. The column isn't completely saturated, but the DGZ is ridiculously long and the lift is also broadly strong, as opposed to spikes which move erratically within the column. Sorry for the crop, this site has a very low capacity to handle uploads, frustratingly enough

nam3km_2022012712_fh57_sounding_42.38N_71.16W.png

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yes, E Mass is fine. Only question is 15 or 30, but the models have been locked on that area for days now. It's everyone else outside the bubble that are swinging wildly.

The potential for a very sharp cut off looms large and that probably doesn’t change between now and when it actually starts snowing.

Living where I do I have no jackpot fetishes but I do get very disappointed, when ski areas within an hour of my house,  do poorly and the CP gets hammered.

Just now, JC-CT said:

I really hope this comes west. Just a few ticks. Whoa that's a big move west! It came west again! Hey, wow that's really, really west again. Okay, seriously, it can stop now. It will tick back east, it always does. We still have time for this to adjust. Okay we just lost the GFS. I can't believe this is happening. Fk this storm.

ZVQ1kkv.png

:clap::frostymelt::cliff:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

Amateur guess better sampling of downstream heights, which will affect course of upstream features.

But if you want more bang for your buck, do it in data sparse areas that are upstream. But I don't allocate where the money is going haha.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The potential for a very sharp cut off looms large and that probably doesn’t change between now and when it actually starts snowing.

Living where I do I have no jackpot fetishes but I do get very disappointed, when ski areas within an hour of my house,  do poorly and the CP gets hammered.

I am still holding at 6-10 here. It's usually pretty easy for me to pull 6" in an east flow scenario even if the storm is mostly a miss. 

Still time for shifts to give us more precip, but window is closed on major impacts here.