Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

28 minutes ago, WxSynopsisDavid said:

Maybe it’s just me, so someone else can elaborate, but looking at satellite/radar imagery it appears the low is reforming farther south and east. Got that look like it’s going to ride either closer along the coast or go offshore. I also notice the snow/sleet line is farther east, almost to the coast in southeast VA and northeast NC which I did not see on any of the model guidances.

Too bad our problems have little to do with the surface low. Let me know when the upper level low ends up south and east about 150 miles from guidance 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Reading the South obs thread there was a report of heavy snow in North Raleigh and Durham then some dude posts a picture of his front yard in Raleigh and it's dry as a bone....that's a serious cutoff dividing line

Snow and sleet at my sisters house in Cary, NC. They have a roof/mulch dusting. Never was pure snow she said.

• Like 1

Can’t go wrong with daytime snow…so that’s a plus. I think the ice situation could be worse than we think. This is a stout high even if it’s moving offshore. I know one thing…after taking a little tumble on a sidewalk while leaving canton last night, I’ll be paying attention to black ice. Someone must have washed a car or something lol. But most importantly I didn’t drop my leftovers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Reading the South obs thread there was a report of heavy snow in North Raleigh and Durham then some dude posts a picture of his front yard in Raleigh and it's dry as a bone....that's a serious cutoff dividing line

I saw that post and looked like there was sleet accumulated in that picture in Raleigh. So more of a dividing line between snow/sleet vs. snow/no precip in Raleigh/Durham.

2 minutes ago, SnowCane said:

I saw that post and looked like there was sleet accumulated in that picture in Raleigh. So more of a dividing line between snow/sleet vs. snow/no precip in Raleigh/Durham.

Yeah there was some crust on there i suppose. I guess the weenies down there are no different than our weenies....flurries looks like heavy snow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Can’t go wrong with daytime snow…so that’s a plus. I think the ice situation could be worse than we think. This is a stout high even if it’s moving offshore. I know one thing…after taking a little tumble on a sidewalk while leaving canton last night, I’ll be paying attention to black ice. Someone must have washed a car or something lol. But most importantly I didn’t drop my leftovers.

Unless there is none. 

• Confused 1