Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

9 hours ago, Ji said:
9 hours ago, TSSN+ said:
Man if only the icon was right lol. What a run that was. 

The blue seems suspect so close to the storm track but german engineering

I know this is way late but my mornings are early and crazy so I actually sleep at night now. But on that icon run (and it’s something to watch for in general) is a fully matured cyclone with a surface low vertically stacked under the mid and upper level lows. That’s why the WAA cuts off to the west of the track and the rain/snow line is so close to the low. The down side to that is often a storm will start to develop nasty dry slots in the cold sector since that also cuts off the deep moisture transport and so the banding becomes mostly lift and dynamics induced. 

• Like 2

Most important runs in model tracking history today?  Looking at the gfs the only real difference I saw the last several runs is where that 50/50 blocking low ends up. In the better solutions it was further north and west, which seems to keep the hp over top from weakening/moving east so quickly. Still a few too many moving parts to know which scenario is the highest probability.

This progression should remind everyone that the models out in the D7+ range are only rough guides of what *may* happen. This thing has become a completely different situation from a day or two ago. Hand wringing over longer range models should be limited to the general H5 pattern at most. Still time to get some adjustments for this one - but not looking great at the moment. It's the business.

ETA: I know everyone always likes to say "we all know this" - but a lot of you all still seem to take long range modeling as if it's guaranteeing you snow. We've all gotta start to take the @Bob Chill - approach and just try to care less. It's a bummer when we miss but just take the wins and then the losses will be losses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ugly. Almost ever low is onshore now.

The banana high pressure structure to the North totally collapses in a period  of 24 hours. Dissapointing.  As Bob Chill stated we were at 2 for 2 , but luck has to stop , so I think this one is going to be a loss for the coastal plain. Amazing too,  how intense the cold is Sunday morning and then how quickly we warm up.     

• Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

It feels like all of the people who live in this direction ->  are the ones driving the current conversation

Well, that's like 99.999999% of the people. No offense, but no one really cares what it does in Hagerstown. Well, maybe the 5 people that live there do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Way too early for absolutes obviously. But for those of us west of the Blue Ridge we should be pretty confident at this point that we are gonna get hammered. A track west of the mouth of the Bay will mix even out here. But regardless of the model we get wrecked. Make up storm for us after the first storm debacle. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 4

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Well, that's like 99.999999% of the people. No offense, but no one really cares what it does in Hagerstown. Well, maybe the 5 people that live there do.

to be honest, i don't give a shit what happens in ellicott city but you don't hear me saying not to discuss it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic