Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

12z ICON is about six hours slower than previous run and has moved slightly towards the ECM but it still looks okay for a good part of the region (at 114h). Track is now something like New Bern to SBY to TTN to NYC

Where are you getting the icon already that far out?  I'm only out to 60 on both TT and WB

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t know why anybody laughed at @Amped post. A cutter into the Tn/Oh valley is still very much in play IMO. Not a lakes cutter but you get the idea.

Having said that, the NAM low position at 84 hours would usually be one to salivate over.

Even if that happens everyone will see snow from it. Maybe not a huge storm. But it would start as snow for everyone. 

ICON out on Weather us. It is beautiful. Mouth of the bay pass. We all get smoked. Definitely flips east of the Blur Ridge. But a gorgeous run. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Even if that happens everyone will see snow from it. Maybe not a huge storm. But it would start as snow for everyone. 

ICON out on Weather us. It is beautiful. Mouth of the bay pass. We all get smoked. Definitely flips east of the Blur Ridge. But a gorgeous run. 

that dosent really sound beautiful...isnt winchester east of the BR?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12z ICON has the thermal gradient intruding for a few hours into e MD but holds the cold air in place for areas nw of DC, not ideal but similar to the last run of the ECM now. The 500 mb low tracks almost overhead and towards NYC. Would say it's 8-16" for some parts of noVA and w MD, 4-8" for DC and BAL with full transition to rain followed by wrap around flurries. Anyway there is a lot of time left, the first storm hasn't even materialized yet, let alone this one. 

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

One thing has become clear with this system....it will not be a flush clean hit for the big cities along i95....that much I think we can say with certainty at this point.

Yeah, model output 120 hours before a storm never changes.   Good declarative statement at this point.  Kudos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Amped said:

Almost ready to give up on this. The shortwave isn't going to trend east, and the high isn't going to stick around. Likely a lakes /Midwest snowstorm.  

Only hope is if the shortwave cuttsoff over the southwest or something ejects ahead of it.

You really are one of the worst posters  here.   Yall are irritating the f*ck out of me already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

12z ICON has the thermal gradient intruding for a few hours into e MD but holds the cold air in place for areas nw of DC, not ideal but similar to the last run of the ECM now. The 500 mb low tracks almost overhead and towards NYC. Would say it's 8-16" for some parts of noVA and w MD, 4-8" for DC and BAL with full transition to rain followed by wrap around flurries. Anyway there is a lot of time left, the first storm hasn't even materialized yet, let alone this one. 

More like 3-5 cities. 8-12 west. But who's counting?

https://weather.us/model-charts/german/2022011212/virginia/snow-depth-in/20220117-1800z.html

Just now, stormtracker said:

You really are one of the worst posters  here.   Yall are irritating the f*ck out of me already.

he is actually a really smart weather poster. He knows his stuff. But its stuff like im giving up on the event that is mindboggling. In a snow starved area like ours...i would take 4 inches of snow to rain if it was my best option

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

he is actually a really smart weather poster. He knows his stuff. But its stuff like im giving up on the event that is mindboggling. In a snow starved area like ours...i would take 4 inches of snow to rain if it was my best option

It's not whether he's a good poster or not, but he and all the other debs and whiners making declarative statements 4.5 days before anything is just irritating.  If you are out, leave the thread and stop bringing down the room.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

It's not whether he's a good poster or not, but he and all the other debs and whiners making declarative statements 4.5 days before anything is just irritating.  If you are out, leave the thread and stop bringing down the room.

i said it much better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic