Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

14 minutes ago, frd said:

Regardless the final outcome,  I enjoyed DT's last line the best. 

"And yes there is plenty more activity coming up after this event"

That's what I'm more focused on...hopefully if this doesn't work out we can get another spin next week! STJ certainly looks more active to my untrained eye

First time poster. Been watching and learning here for a few years. Have to say I am drawn in by the sarcasm and the pithy humor. Would rather have a swing and a miss than 36 and stinging rain. I think all 3 options still pretty much on the table. Rooting for hecs. Always. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That's what I'm more focused on...hopefully if this doesn't work out we can get another spin next week! STJ certainly look more active to my untrained eye

True, as psu stated, the more threats we experience the higher the odds are we will strike it rich with at least one flush hit.   

As for the STJ, yes that becomes more favorable. We are just entering the favorable pattern this weekend. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Twilly05 said:

First time poster. Been watching and learning here for a few years. Have to say I am drawn in by the sarcasm and the pithy humor. Would rather have a swing and a miss than 36 and stinging rain. I think all 3 options still pretty much on the table. Rooting for hecs. Always. 

I agree with this. I love the cold nearly as much as the snow. Get as much of a thrill taking a hike on a bitter cold day as I do taking a snow walk. So if I had the choice between suppression allowing us to be cold dry vs amped forcing us into a sloppy mess and rain, I'm going suppressed. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The thing that's bothering me the most about this storm is we just went 2 for 2. I mean sure, there's a strong case that the universe owes us some storms after some of the recent debacles. But still... 3 for 3? Idk man. We are who we think we were and stuff

We’re due… if you will. 

28 minutes ago, Twilly05 said:

Welcome. 100% agree with you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The thing that's bothering me the most about this storm is we just went 2 for 2. I mean sure, there's a strong case that the universe owes us some storms after some of the recent debacles. But still... 3 for 3? Idk man. We are who we think we were and stuff

What you did there, I see it.

750bf6d4-d157-4ee3-ba41-98a6ae44de3b_tex

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The only thing I am taking away from the 0Z NAM is the amount of cold air getting dumped over us before this storm arrives. Temps are not going to be problem when the precip does eventually get here. 

Been stuck for awhile at 57 on TT

23 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Would it make you feel better that a bunch of the forum north and west is only 1 for 2?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Why can’t we be Kyle Schwarber for 6 weeks before we pull a hammy in March and get traded for heat in April?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loudoun and fdk people are 1-2

30 minutes ago, Ji said:
59 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Loudoun and fdk people are 1-2

That's because you guys aren't nice enough to wx models and ma nature. I can't help that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic