Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, 12z EPS was better vs 18z.  I think its more likely this is suppressed or too far East/OTS than an I-81 runner.  Clearly everything is on the table 5 days out.

Weird with the ops running this further to the west that the EPS is pushing it the other way.  

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

You realize that suppressed means you have no chance at anything right?

"Vibe" wise, I'm happy to let the cutter trend stop for a few runs. Let that worry mellow out for a bit. With suppression we can at least pretend it's right where we want it, that's difficult to say when the low keeps running more and more inland and the model is showing 40 and rain for the close burbs verbatim.

also, as I've beat to death, I can always go to Charlottesville. Cutter/suppressed could work out equally well there. I'll play as many sides as I need to play to win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

"Vibe" wise, I'm happy to let the cutter trend stop for a few runs. Let that worry mellow out for a bit. With suppression we can at least pretend it's right where we want it, that's difficult to say when the low keeps running more and more inland and the model is showing 40 and rain for the close burbs verbatim.

also, as I've beat to death, I can always go to Charlottesville. Cutter/suppressed could work out equally well there. I'll play as many sides as I need to play to win.

I don’t think what you’re calling a cutter and a cutter are the same thing. When I say cutter, I’m talking west of the apps with a primary throwing copious moisture into the cad that would be established over our area.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

We got to admit we just don’t know what is going to happen with this storm yet. Currently it could be a cutter or a southeastern exclusive, no need to lose sleep over it… yet.

Just now, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

This thing could look totally different 24 hours before the event starts. You wouldn't want it to show what you want it to show right now else it wouldn't pan out. 

-RSC

What language is this?

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t think what you’re calling a cutter and a cutter are the same thing. When I say cutter, I’m talking west of the apps with a primary throwing copious moisture into the cad that would be established over our area.

Honestly, totally true. Shouldn't throw out terms without a perfect idea of what I'm talking about. That said, I stand by personally being less concerned with suppression, lol.

4 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

This thing could look totally different 24 hours before the event starts. You wouldn't want it to show what you want it to show right now else it wouldn't pan out. 

-RSC

Exactly, because if it showed what we wanted it to show what is shown, then when it shows what will actually be shown what we want it to show, then it probably will show EXACTLY what we wanted it to show all along and the original shown show will pan out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

You are super wrong about the current forecast models, but you do have some support on the analog side.  There are groups out there that are experimenting with machine learning using a trained data set (the analogs).  It’ll be interesting to see how that works out.

I expect if they can somehow use AI to incorporate analog methodology and bias correction to the classic simulations we will see a huge leap. Not sure how far off that is yet. Over the years I’ve found a lot of success using cips analogs to hedge the nwp guidance. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

-RSC

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." 

--Bilbo Baggins

30 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Exactly, because if it showed what we wanted it to show what is shown, then when it shows what will actually be shown what we want it to show, then it probably will show EXACTLY what we wanted it to show all along and the original shown show will pan out.

See, what we have here are shown no-shows and unshown showns.:lol:

13 minutes ago, Amped said:

I've only seen an apps runner so far on models. No Cleveland superbomb solutions yet.

To be fair, what I see as a possibility would be a true cutter either. I envision a scenario where a low forms in the vicinity of the Miss/Tn border, drifts to eastern ky or so and then jumps to the coast. 

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You really showed him 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

On the other hand, or perhaps at the same time, if it shows what we want it to show, it could be shown to be quite a show when it is eventually shown, per se.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

On the other hand, or perhaps at the same time, if it shows what we want it to show, it could be shown to be quite a show when it is eventually shown, per se.

In which case, we would most certainly have a show-stopper!

(apologies for showing you up there!!!)

(I'll show myself out now!!!)

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic