Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,163
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs


40/70 Benchmark
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You're right, let me forget about how I got porked for snowfall, grab the kids, go sledding and watch its wonderful life...oh wait, they are in Africa for another month. :lol:

Wait, you are complaining that you are alone? I haven't been alone in years.

May I recommend...

Drugs?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

It's pretty sad at this point. We're on a side road near the top of Dover Hill Road. We were there for Xmas week and saw our measly 4" bullet proof pack slowly melt away. I'd expect 30"+ by this time up there.

Agree 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Snowing pretty hard last hour in Bedford mass . 
 

looks like 7” 

Pretty decent bands in metro-west the last hour....not like the PYM stuff, but still solidly moderate to maybe marginally heavy at times

 

Jan7_1008amRadatr.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will never again fall prey to HRRR/RAP micromanagement!


Yeah it was a tricky storm to forecast. The Euro/RGEM/NAM also slipped down yesterday evening as emphasis on the easternmost low increased, giving some credence to the HRRR/RAP downtrends.

The big driver of 6+ amounts despite the dominance of the easternmost low was that nearly stationary 700 mb frontogenic band overnight, and while there was evidence for it (CoastalWx's posts yesterday), no guidance had it stationary for so many hours with significant minima north and south.

Had this system consolidated a surface low closer to the vorticity emerging from Virginia, with better conveyor mechanics, totals would have been more uniform and higher across the board.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I honestly should move to the south shore.

#uckit

Funny you say that Ray. Being a long time lurker and enjoying reading you through they years, I though that same thing yesterday. My area always seems to do pretty well, if I could be a bit further to the west and north toward 495 that might be a bit better, but I usually don't have many complaints in this location. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WalpoleJoe said:

Funny you say that Ray. Being a long time lurker and enjoying reading you through they years, I though that same thing yesterday. My area always seems to do pretty well, if I could be a bit further to the west and north toward 495 that might be a bit better, but I usually don't have many complaints in this location. 

I've been really fortunate in Holliston since moving here. Managed several jackpots/near jackpots. But knowing the area very well I am aware that the worm can turn easily the other way. My cousins grew up here, so I was here a lot as a kid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've been really fortunate in Holliston since moving here. Managed several jackpots/near jackpots. But knowing the area very well I am aware that the worm can turn easily the other way. My cousins grew up here, so I was here a lot as a kid.

 

There’s a reason you moved there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was nice for a while, but it gets old after 3 months. And can probably do without drugs as a recovering alcoholic lol

What does Wilmington have?

Ok, well. I'm enjoying Dave Eggers "the every" for a nice dystopian laugh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty decent bands in metro-west the last hour....not like the PYM stuff, but still solidly moderate to maybe marginally heavy at times

 

Jan7_1008amRadatr.gif

doesn't look like much on that radar but we still have low viz moderate snow here.   viz between 1/4 and 1/2 I think and decent snow growth, but not spectactular

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...