Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nah. The world/humans have always been barbaric. We just have the technological infrastructure these days to see it practically in real time and…everyone has an opinion as to why it is happening. So it seems like it is getting worse when it is not. We’re just connected more than ever. The world feels smaller so some think the walls are closing in on them lol.

Mmm

- not sure that makes mathematical sense. 

Global population is ~ 8X’s more massive than 1800 

…. obviously doesn’t take rocket science to see the conjecture there.

Incidence of “dim morality” would at minimum have to increase at a paced geometric proportionality. But cultural evolution has taken place at a slower rate to the technological revolutions raw power to influence.

Fringe … or conditionally fringed ideologies, are both greater in numbers - because of the above geometry - but also are not held in check by that lagged cultural evolution … instead are being sieged by unfiltered triggers. 

That adds an exponential value that augments the geometric proportionality. 

The notion that humans are *unts and will always be … is essentially true, though. But now … in modernity, there are elicit trigger activation means that has to be considered in the ‘always has been’ model. 

Both conditions are likely true. There are both increased incidences - relative/comparing history - but also fuller disclosure.  

• Confused 1

On 3/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, NorEastermass128 said:

I’m FERS-FRAE. Saving 10% plus the 5% match. I’ve been house hunting for a year. One fell through because of the seller. The second fell through because we found out it was on a FEMA flood zone. We’re onto #3. Making an offer tonight. 

Surprise, surprise. My over asking offer was beat out by an all cash offer higher than my own. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mmm

- not sure that makes mathematical sense. 

Global population is ~ 8X’s more massive than 1800 

…. obviously doesn’t take rocket science to see the conjecture there.

Incidence of “dim morality” would at minimum have to increase at a paced geometric proportionality. But cultural evolution has taken place at a slower rate to the technological revolutions raw power to influence.

Fringe … or conditionally fringed ideologies, are both greater in numbers - because of the above geometry - but also are not held in check by that lagged cultural evolution … instead are being sieged by unfiltered triggers. 

That adds an exponential value that augments the geometric proportionality. 

The notion that humans are *unts and will always be … is essentially true, though. But now … in modernity, there are elicit trigger activation means that has to be considered in the ‘always has been’ model. 

Both conditions are likely true. There are both increased incidences - relative/comparing history - but also fuller disclosure.  

Fringe ideologies are spread quicker and easier, and people are more susceptible to them. True. What I was mostly referring to, however, was what used to take hours, days, weeks, or even months for bad news to travel around the world (if at all) now takes just a few minutes. That’s a function of more press, camera phones, social media, etc catching events which have always been there but went unnoticed/unrecorded and swept under the rug.

Humans have always been savages…thirsty for money, power, control…claiming land over each other. Dictating superiority over others based on looks and beliefs. We just see it front and center more so then ever. 

37 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fringe ideologies are spread quicker and easier, and people are more susceptible to them. True. What I was mostly referring to, however, was what used to take hours, days, weeks, or even months for bad news to travel around the world (if at all) now takes just a few minutes. That’s a function of more press, camera phones, social media, etc catching events which have always been there but went unnoticed/unrecorded and swept under the rug.

Humans have always been savages…thirsty for money, power, control…claiming land over each other. Dictating superiority over others based on looks and beliefs. We just see it front and center more so then ever. 

I get you. 
 I’m just not sure acts of nefarium are proportional - 

it’s like two different metrics really

One is innate douchiness - I think your point is that, to which I agree  

The other is “ornate” douchiness. LOL and a problem with modernity  

The arithmetic argues it is worse now in actual “events” of questionable morality, because that’s the logical conclusion when there are more triggers tapping into number one  

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I get you. 
 I’m just not sure acts of nefarium are proportional - 

it’s like two different metrics really

One is innate douchiness - I think your point is that, to which I agree  

The other is “ornate” douchiness. LOL and a problem with modernity  

The arithmetic argues it is worse now in actual “events” of questionable morality, because that’s the logical conclusion when there are more triggers tapping into number one  

Yea, Definitely. I’m not claiming human actions are equally proportional throughout time though. Maybe I did make the claim, reading back, mistakenly so. My attempt was to conclude, for example, a random crime in Arkansas 50yrs ago probably never made its way to the NewEng public whereas today, it would. Multiply such info delivered to us X amount of times per day…and we perceive the world has gone mad. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Way out in the Allagash. 8" fresh powder overnight. No world problems to think about here

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

love it. Keep the photos coming. Nothing better than deep snow and deep winter in the big woods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Way out in the Allagash. 8" fresh powder overnight. No world problems to think about here20220308_100818.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

love it. Keep the photos coming. Nothing better than deep snow and deep winter in the big woods. 

How far north do you need to go for decent riding?  Houlton?  Milli? Or even further?

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thoughts on how high we are going @ORH_wxman with an official ban on Russian oil now?

Most of that was already priced into the market the last few days when we saw the initial spike. It’s hard to say exactly how high it goes because the market can be irrational for periods of time even though it eventually settles onto the supporting fundamentals. 

There’s multiple variables too…is opec going to pump more? Will the United States signal that they are going to ramp up their own production going forward? Does the world economy stay tanking? (All of those would act to try and bring prices down)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

Imagine if we had these prices in Jan Feb.

The cheapest Heating oil at the New Haven terminal is $4.99 a gallon right now. 

New England prices on cash heating oil right. 

Screenshot_20220308-111514_Chrome.jpg

I just bought 100 gallons at 3.79. That's my last oil purchase  and with the mortgage company foreclosing, I'm letting it run dry next month or in May. Nobody lives downstairs and I have baseboard heating upstairs. 

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, Definitely. I’m not claiming human actions are equally proportional throughout time though. Maybe I did make the claim, reading back, mistakenly so. My attempt was to conclude, for example, a random crime in Arkansas 50yrs ago probably never made its way to the NewEng public whereas today, it would. Multiply such info delivered to us X amount of times per day…and we perceive the world has gone mad. 

We have an asymmetric information environment enabled by the proliferation of communication technologies. A large issue that I see is the leveling of traditional gatekeeping of knowledge. Where once the few had expertise and were respected as such, now, with the proliferation of communication technology, the gates have been broken apart. It's difficult to parse information and our dystopia of bullshit corporate-driven engagement-hungry products help to push this. People haven't fundamentally changed--as you pointed out, there's more connectivity.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Humans are most definitely prone to ruthlessness in exerting power and persecution over others for whatever is the hate flavor of the week. Hate is addictive too so if somebody looks to hate, they will make sure to make up and manage to believe lies about somebody else in order to MAKE the facts fit their narrative. Because I get symptoms of psychosis and have autistic spectrum, it has generally been difficult for me to find my way around society over the years. These disabilities affect judgement and resilience. Quite a few people have been nice to me over the years and lately people have been helpful to seeing me succeed as best as I can in spite of having trouble with, for example, holding down a job.

But having what I have means sometimes I exhibit poor and erratic judgement and when you throw technology into the mix, it has resulted in me being targeted and persecuted by some vicious people who have more money and power than me, people who would have never had seen me go crazy if I wasn’t online. This is because advanced technology results in giving more people access to the mind of a troubled person, when if it were year 1900 that person would not be “out there” as much and would just keep to themselves. Rather than taking an opportunity to coach and help be on a better track when I have had trouble, a lot of people have instead seen it as an opportunity to exert hate upon me and throw shade and otherwise try and push me further down than I already am as a result of having trouble thinking in the first place.

Having been a member of LGBTQIA over the years most likely had a big hand in getting stalked and persecuted by people who are vicious and go out of their way to make weaker people’s lives miserable, and my experience totally matches researcher’s claims that people with schizophrenia or other mental illness get exploited. Trust me, we do.

I do participate in some forums like this to contribute to the subject, but you pretty much won’t find me on social media anymore because of what I have just explained. I will likely be reclusive for the rest of my life.

I was in Hollywood when I was young and was getting into entertainment right when my mental health started really deteriorating. This resulted in my failure to live up to the expectations of the folks on top there. Instead of getting me help, you had people like Lady Gage releasing music that said “I learned love is like a brick you can, build a house or sink a dead body”. This of course was a few years before they publicly feigned love for me and feigned wanting to work with me while their minions stalked and tortured me  in order to prompt me to act out in anger so they could say to the world “but we loved him and he left us boo hoo he’s the Antichrist, boo hoo”.

That all may sound like I’m being crazy right now but I’m not, I’m simply explaining how people behave nowadays In the context of people being aggressive, behavior such as invading sovereign countries for no reason and getting civilians murdered, including children, while you continue going to church as if you’re some kind of saint.

People on top murder all the time whenever they feel like it. It’s ok, because they’re on top, and they are OK at church. But if you’re an underling, that’s when you’re going to hell. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Humans are most definitely prone to ruthlessness in exerting power and persecution over others for whatever is the hate flavor of the week. Hate is addictive too so if somebody looks to hate, they will make sure to make up and manage to believe lies about somebody else in order to MAKE the facts fit their narrative. Because I get symptoms of psychosis and have autistic spectrum, it has generally been difficult for me to find my way around society over the years. These disabilities affect judgement and resilience. Quite a few people have been nice to me over the years and lately people have been helpful to seeing me succeed as best as I can in spite of having trouble with, for example, holding down a job.

But having what I have means sometimes I exhibit poor and erratic judgement and when you throw technology into the mix, it has resulted in me being targeted and persecuted by some vicious people who have more money and power than me, people who would have never had seen me go crazy if I wasn’t online. This is because advanced technology results in giving more people access to the mind of a troubled person, when if it were year 1900 that person would not be “out there” as much and would just keep to themselves. Rather than taking an opportunity to coach and help be on a better track when I have had trouble, a lot of people have instead seen it as an opportunity to exert hate upon me and throw shade and otherwise try and push me further down than I already am as a result of having trouble thinking in the first place.

Having been a member of LGBTQIA over the years most likely had a big hand in getting stalked and persecuted by people who are vicious and go out of their way to make weaker people’s lives miserable, and my experience totally matches researcher’s claims that people with schizophrenia or other mental illness get exploited. Trust me, we do.

I do participate in some forums like this to contribute to the subject, but you pretty much won’t find me on social media anymore because of what I have just explained. I will likely be reclusive for the rest of my life.

I was in Hollywood when I was young and was getting into entertainment right when my mental health started really deteriorating. This resulted in my failure to live up to the expectations of the folks on top there. Instead of getting me help, you had people like Lady Gage releasing music that said “I learned love is like a brick you can, build a house or sink a dead body”. This of course was a few years before they publicly feigned love for me and feigned wanting to work with me while their minions stalked and tortured me  in order to prompt me to act out in anger so they could say to the world “but we loved him and he left us boo hoo he’s the Antichrist, boo hoo”.

That all may sound like I’m being crazy right now but I’m not, I’m simply explaining how people behave nowadays In the context of people being aggressive, behavior such as invading sovereign countries for no reason and getting civilians murdered, including children, while you continue going to church as if you’re some kind of saint.

People on top murder all the time whenever they feel like it. It’s ok, because they’re on top, and they are OK at church. But if you’re an underling, that’s when you’re going to hell. 

It’s called ‘recreational outrage’

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most of that was already priced into the market the last few days when we saw the initial spike. It’s hard to say exactly how high it goes because the market can be irrational for periods of time even though it eventually settles onto the supporting fundamentals. 

There’s multiple variables too…is opec going to pump more? Will the United States signal that they are going to ramp up their own production going forward? Does the world economy stay tanking? (All of those would act to try and bring prices down)

Seems like opec so far is unwilling to pump more…. Gas rose again today at the station near my house… &4.39… id say we are about 40-50 cents away from a point where things really turn for the worse. People just straight up won’t travel if they don’t have too.

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They get a delivery in a tank on Mon price is 379, same gas in that tank, 3 days later its 419. How is that right?