Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

21 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where does gas come from?

Different wells than oil. Geological formations are different.

The north east has very little natural gas available. No pipelines like there are in other parts of the country. That's why we have so much heating oil. Outside of the north east and pockets here and there, nobody else knows what heating oil is. 

New nuclear tech isn't like the old 3 mile island, chernobyl, etc. Smaller plants can be built and the tech is much better. No electricity anywhere in the US should be generated by fossil fuel. save that for gas and diesel. Nuclear plants should supply most of our power.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The north east has very little natural gas available. No pipelines like there are in other parts of the country. That's why we have so much heating oil. Outside of the north east and pockets here and there, nobody else knows what heating oil is. 

New nuclear tech isn't like the old 3 mile island, chernobyl, etc. Smaller plants can be built and the tech is much better. No electricity anywhere in the US should be generated by fossil fuel. save that for gas and diesel. Nuclear plants should supply most of our power.

Reading about the new nuclear technology is really bringing me around to this point of view.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Agree. Also I guess its time for some eminent domain to build the gas pipeline.  Sometimes some have to suffer for the greater good. Pretty sure they can get to PA through mostly woods

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It's maddening how nuclear energy has gotten a bad rap. It's so much safer than any other source.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Its called futures contracts

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s future contracts but still…welcome to America.

image.jpeg.5901f12f40500619f798a1be0d0bc42a.jpeg

Isn’t rising prices futures as well? If Brent rises today, why do prices rise today, but no vice Versa? The gas is already in the tank at the gas station. That gas isn’t costing more 

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Gasoline futures down $0.47/gal the past few days      Not sure we will see that at the pump soon

Heating oil down 3% more today...again, there will be a lag

Alot of great points on energy, I could be totally "off base", I think the USA consumes about 20 million barrels A DAY! I also "think" in our country, we only produce about 11 million barrels a day. The rest comes from other countries, Canada is our top importer, Russia is 3rd or 4th? Anyways, I dont think we will see instant relief, you are talking months, yes, we things get resolved (hopefully), price drops happen, its also the other countries, that produce, but all over the world it effects all. I was telling my wife last night, "do you want to hear some trivia on gas"? She gave me a look like "F/U", well I said oil that is traded on the market also known has a barrel is about 49 gallons, it take half of that almost to produce about 21 gallons of gas, I have no idea on diesel etc. She then told be , I just put $30.00 in my car @ $4.49 per. gallon...........I get it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 512high said:

Alot of great points on energy, I could be totally "off base", I think the USA consumes about 20 million barrels A DAY! I also "think" in our country, we only produce about 11 million barrels a day. The rest comes from other countries, Canada is our top importer, Russia is 3rd or 4th? Anyways, I dont think we will see instant relief, you are talking months, yes, we things get resolved (hopefully), price drops happen, its also the other countries, that produce, but all over the world it effects all. I was telling my wife last night, "do you want to hear some trivia on gas"? She gave me a look like "F/U", well I said oil that is traded on the market also known has a barrel is about 49 gallons, it take half of that almost to produce about 21 gallons of gas, I have no idea on diesel etc. She then told be , I just put $30.00 in my car @ $4.49 per. gallon...........I get it.

We exported more than we imported last year, though there is more to the story.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Gasoline futures down $0.47/gal the past few days      Not sure we will see that at the pump soon

Heating oil down 3% more today...again, there will be a lag

I’m not reading too much into day to day gyrations in the futures. After such a large upward move in a very short time, it is to be expected to see a pullback. That said, heading towards higher seasonal demand as we head to summer, I wouldn’t be surprised to see prices trend back up unless we see major deescalation in Europe. It’s going to take a while to get new capacity online too. Now, if we have another credit crisis or steep recession, then that’s another matter. It may be the only cure frankly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Opening day is April 7!!!

Baseball is back!!!

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m so stoked.  Forget winter… let’s go!

Hey, hey, hey!  I get the credit for breaking the story!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1