Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s usually not that big of a difference between the shoreline and 84  this time of the year. You’ll typically see the color delayed there compared to here but they look like late summer compared to late fall, here. 

Its been an absolute furnace down here. I haven't even come remotely close to a frost/freeze. Plants and animals are confused and spring bulbs are coming up.. lol

Check out this picture of the Guiilford green posted on Reddit yesterday.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ummm. The Oaks are still loaded on some species. We will all be doing last cleanups in early Dec. 

With any luck you will have snow on the ground and then the oaks drop and the snow doesn't melt. Your OCD will rage as you won't be able to crank up your jet engine go blow them off.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

With any luck you will have snow on the ground and then the oaks drop and the snow doesn't melt. Your OCD will rage as you won't be able to crank up your jet engine go blow them off.

That would be nice but the way the LR looks with fast Pacific flow into early Dec, not much to look forward to. 

for those of us with lawn tractors, Cyclone rake is where it's at. made in CT, USA. I fire up that bad boy every weekend, because if I didn't do that every weekend, it would be a heck of a chore getting all the leaves at once. my property seems to be the place where everybody's leaves go to rot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

for those of us with lawn tractors, Cyclone rake is where it's at. made in CT, USA. I fire up that bad boy every weekend, because if I didn't do that every weekend, it would be a heck of a chore getting all the leaves at once. my property seems to be the place where everybody's leaves go to rot.

I was going to pull the trigger and get one but lately I've just been hiring some kids looking for work to do it.

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was going to pull the trigger and get one but lately I've just been hiring some kids looking for work to do it.

they aren't cheap, no doubt. but I'd have to empty my tractor bagger almost every lap without it. It holds a ton of leaves, can do the whole yard with only dumping 2-3 times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mreaves said:

I’m going to try and ride the trails in that area at some point this season. I went down after the big dump last December. We left from S. Woodstock and rode to Ludlow and back up through Cavendish. It was nice and made me want to explore that area some more. 

Its all a first for me.  It should be decent for snow.  Ill report my findings.