Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, cleetussnow said:

Just outside of Springfield/Perkinsville.  Just visited this weekend in fact!  Nice area. 

I’m going to try and ride the trails in that area at some point this season. I went down after the big dump last December. We left from S. Woodstock and rode to Ludlow and back up through Cavendish. It was nice and made me want to explore that area some more. 

That's a sneaky headline wind event there ... betwixt 06z and 14z Sunday morning with that weird ANA-cyclone hybrid.

It's a lowered pressure anomaly prior to the baroclinic axis and wave as it approaches, so there's little restoration of mass; then abruptly/rapidly it continues thru and departs. The combination of starting at the depth of a pressure well with incoming higher sfc pressure superposes those acceleration vectors. That's an impressive isallobaric wind potential there these recent GFS looks. 

Symbolic too ... that front/wave sort of heralds in the approaching step down interval, so it comes in after many days of lower wind flux anomalies by abruptly moving a lot of mass very quickly, and when it is done, we are likely to be in a solid snow column..  At least for a moment. heh

If that next Clipper like deal kinks up enough, I'd through Ptype out the window - that's snow in that hydrostatic profile/850 thermal layout/synoptic awareness... 

Anyway, turbine roars may come in like a p-wave and it's too bad that doesn't happen in daylight because the sky is likely to be festooned with oak leaves. lol

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That's a sneaky headline wind event there ... betwixt 06z and 14z Sunday morning with that weird ANA-cyclone hybrid.

It's a lowered pressure anomaly prior to the baroclinic axis and wave as it approaches, so there's little restoration of mass; then abruptly/rapidly it continues thru and departs. The combination of starting at the depth of a pressure well with incoming higher sfc pressure superposes those acceleration vectors. That's an impressive isallobaric wind potential there these recent GFS looks. 

Symbolic too ... that front/wave sort of heralds in the approaching step down interval, so it comes in after many days of lower wind flux anomalies by abruptly moving a lot of mass very quickly, and when it is done, we are likely to be in a solid snow column..  At least for a moment. heh

If that next Clipper like deal kinks up enough, I'd through Ptype out the window - that's snow in that hydrostatic profile/850 thermal layout/synoptic awareness... 

Anyway, turbine roars may come in like a p-wave and it's too bad that doesn't happen in daylight because the sky is likely to be festooned with oak leaves. lol

That was today with leaf blizzards.. bringing brown outs at times driving.

Are you talking HWW type stuff ?

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was today with leaf blizzards.. bringing brown outs at times driving.

Are you talking HWW type stuff ?

There's other models and a fuller manifold of metrics to consider... just commenting on the last several GFS ( operational ) cycles, that looks like steepening CAA-related lapse rates, while there is exquisite mass restoration mechanics going on..  As is, in those runs, it's an abrupt light wind to turbines..  Advisory would be first guess but as gets closer ...who knows.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Speaking of oak leaves I have never seen so many come down midday today.  Shower came through with gusty winds and in 5 minutes most of the oak trees lost their leaves.  I made a short Youtube video. 

• Like 6

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Speaking of oak leaves I have never seen so many come down midday today.  Shower came through with gusty winds and in 5 minutes most of the oak trees lost their leaves.  I made a short Youtube video. 

Yup . I was visiting customers in N MA and there was several blinding Brown outs. Similar to a snow squall. These were leaf squalls . And then I come home and the yard was the thickest and deepest of Oak leaves I have ever seen. In less than a day 

kBdI6rR.jpg9Nw0pqc.jpgkNDH83l.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Will you be able to sleep with that mess  of leaves out there?

”Mom, why’s Dad leaf blowing at 2am!?”

I’ll be honest.. nothing stresses me out more than looking out at that. I have already moved my schedule around so I can get a few hours in leaf blowing tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ll be honest.. nothing stresses me out more than looking out at that. I have already moved my schedule around so I can get a few hours in leaf blowing tomorrow 

Yea, I hate it too. I’ve cleaned up like 5 times already while one of my neighbors has not and never will…they just let the leaves rot on their property throughout the year and don’t think twice about it. Then again, they barely lift a finger for any property maintenance.  Grass sometimes grows knee high in the summer. Such a shame when homes look like they’ve been abandoned.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup . I was visiting customers in N MA and there was several blinding Brown outs. Similar to a snow squall. These were leaf squalls . And then I come home and the yard was the thickest and deepest of Oak leaves I have ever seen. In less than a day 

kBdI6rR.jpg9Nw0pqc.jpgkNDH83l.jpg

You should get a lawn sweeper. Attach to the back of your ride on mower and collect. 

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, I hate it too. I’ve cleaned up like 5 times already while one of my neighbors has not and never will…they just let the leaves rot on their property throughout the year and don’t think twice about it. Then again, they barely lift a finger for any property maintenance.  Grass sometimes grows knee high in the summer. Such a shame when homes look like they’ve been abandoned.

It is so stressful. Just thinking about all the work ahead. And then you look up and still see leaves left to come down. Folks that don’t have Oaks don’t understand. You dont finish them until the following May . Look at my deck. 6-10 “ on the deck . Lollis to 12

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We laugh but have to respect someone who takes pride in the appearance of their property on such short notice.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I left for golf this morning with a pristine look only to come back to a disaster. I’m leaving the office early tomorrow to do them again before the rain implants them. 

Yup. We on the same page. You’ve got to keep up with them. I’ll ask anti blower guys like Ginx and Scoots who like to rake due to the noise hurting their ear drums. How exactly would they suggest I clean off my deck? Should I scoop them all up by hand . Should I rake n scoop ? And then what comes next? Get garbage cans? Stuff them into Hefty bags ?  1-2 hours of work .. Or do I throw on the Stihl backpack 600 and blow them off the deck onto the lawn disaster in under 5 minutes and blow the whole shebang the hell into the woods.

46 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I forget the date, but I remember watching a pats game where there were huge parachutes at Gillette but a weak drizzle here. Almost threw my remote through the tv...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

10-18-09

• Like 1
  • Haha 1