Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. We on the same page. You’ve got to keep up with them. I’ll ask anti blower guys like Ginx and Scoots who like to rake due to the noise hurting their ear drums. How exactly would they suggest I clean off my deck? Should I scoop them all up by hand . Should I rake n scoop ? And then what comes next? Get garbage cans? Stuff them into Hefty bags ?  1-2 hours of work .. Or do I throw on the Stihl backpack 600 and blow them off the deck onto the lawn disaster in under 5 minutes and blow the whole shebang the hell into the woods.

I blow them off. I'm not anti leaf blower. I may just put them in a pile and have someone pick them up. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Kevin, is there water behind your house in the woods there? I zoomed in and it looks like there’s a pond/swamp there behind your property?  

If you go straight back from the shed .. about 1/3 acre back .. there’s a stream that in normal years dries up . This year with over 62” of rain … it’s been flowing all spring , summer and fall 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ahh 09-10 winter….those parachutes and the December big one for eastern areas was about it, and then it was the snowmageddon for the mid Atlantic while we got shut out.  

We had another good one just after NY. Long duration event, but that was mostly ern areas for the bigger amounts. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you go straight back from the shed .. about 1/3 acre back .. there’s a stream that in normal years dries up . This year with over 62” of rain … it’s been flowing all spring , summer and fall 

So that water I see is a stream…wow. Ya it Definitely had plenty of water from the sky this year for sure. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh so you do pick up the leaves eventually in one shot…ok. I was under the impression you never pick up like my one neighbor. If that was the case: ‘unfriended’

I do it a few times. I just mean that it doesn’t drive me nuts like it does to Kevin. It’s Fall.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

After a few windy days 95% of them blow to the perimeter of my yard anyway. Then we just mow and mulch them into the "lawn".

I don't see the point in cleaning them every other day when I see how many he still has in the trees.

I don't see any point in clearing any when for $250 some kids will do it for you and leave it spotless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is so stressful. Just thinking about all the work ahead. And then you look up and still see leaves left to come down. Folks that don’t have Oaks don’t understand. You dont finish them until the following May . Look at my deck. 6-10 “ on the deck . Lollis to 12

90% of my leaves come from the one oak on my neighbor's property. Only about 10% are down :axe:

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

After a few windy days 95% of them blow to the perimeter of my yard anyway. Then we just mow and mulch them into the "lawn".

I don't see the point in cleaning them every other day when I see how many he still has in the trees.

I use a lawn sweeper so the downside of that is if you have too many leaves, you’ll barely make one stripe before you have to empty it. Instead, with a light coating of leaves, I can fly around with a couple trips to empty it and be done in 30mins. 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

yeah I argue with my dad every year about this, why do it 5 times when you can do it once and be done...we consistently get 30-32 bags, and that's with a quarter I save mulched for the compost...

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah I argue with my dad every year about this, why do it 5 times when you can do it once and be done...we consistently get 30-32 bags, and that's with a quarter I save mulched for the compost...

My brother used to get over a hundred bags a year until he had some trees cut down, he's got 30 so far this year with just a little cleanup left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My brother used to get over a hundred bags a year until he had some trees cut down, he's got 30 so far this year with just a little cleanup left.

damn, that's crazy... when I was in Waterbury I used to blow them to the curb and the car wind would take most away... here we have to bag and bring to dump, they don't offer service for it, kids enjoy the piles tho.