• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
IDA remnants OBS-nowcasts (storm total rain and/or unusual flooding, wind damage-power outage, gusts ~45+ MPH) Wed-Thu morning Sept 1-2, 2021

wdrag

2 minutes ago, stockmanjr said:

They stupidly built Armstrong Stadiums with openings on the side. When you have wind driven rain it can rain inside. 

I worry about the fans getting in their cars and trying to get home...if they don't cancel the remaining matches..they will be there for 2 or 3 more hours.

Select daily precipitation records so far (through 8 pm):

Harrisburg: 6.52" (old record: 3.60", 1952)
Hartford: 1.38" (old record: 0.91", 1952)
Mount Pocono: 4.72" (old record: 4.54", 1952)
New York City-JFK: 0.68" (old record: 0.63", 2002)
Philadelphia: 2.00" (old record: 1.80", 1952)
Poughkeepsie: 2.76" (old record: 2.50", 1952)
Scranton: 4.86" (old record: 2.59", 2003)
York, PA: 6.51" (old record: 2.01", 2003)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

November 89 I was in a plane and it’s why I became a meteorologist.  Diverted to ISP after they closed.  I can’t think of any case similar to this here honestly.  Both those events were basically frontal squall lines  

November 1989 was my very first experience with tornado watches and what looked like funnel clouds in the area.  The winds were unbelievable in that event.

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

November 1989 was my very first experience with tornado watches and what looked like funnel clouds in the area.  The winds were unbelievable in that event.

That outbreak produced an f4 in connecticut I believe. I think it also produced the strongest ever tornado on record on long island which was an f2

edit: actually that was July 1989 I was thinking a totally different outbreak that same year

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

I’m in the 4” bracket in Sullivan, rain intensity (which was never really high all day) is beginning to lighten up a tad, with the back edge quite possibly making it here within the next 6 hours.

Follow HRRR.  You and I are basically done around midnight-2A.  I am thankful it is soon to lessen here. 3.54" climbing. 

• Like 3