Most Online
    Dankles
    Newest Member
    Dankles
September Discobs 2021

George BM

7 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I suppose this is an ob …

Walking to the truck after work, about 40 yards or so, I counted 57 lantern flies. Wasn’t looking right or left, only straight ahead. They are very numerous here.

Was in Hershey a few a weeks ago. They were everywhere. You couldn’t walk any length of distance without seeing one. 

• Sad 1

Good news at least is that the Sunday-Wednesday torch next week that was being advertised a couple days ago seems to be gone now.  Certainly highs in the 80s often in the next 10 days, but looks more like low-mid 80s vs. near 90 as today and the last few days have been.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

It’s been a trend that when I hike gambrill I hear thunder and there’s almost always been storms near Hagerstown. That storm must be pretty decent.

They are ticking me off.  They keep blowing up right after passing over my house. Haha

For those of us north of DC, there seems to be a fairly decent signal in the 12z CAMs for showers/storms to develop over the upper Eastern Shore and Bay during the mid afternoon hours and rotate to the west into the Baltimore area and northern AA, Howard, and Montgomery Counties.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, high risk said:

For those of us north of DC, there seems to be a fairly decent signal in the 12z CAMs for showers/storms to develop over the upper Eastern Shore and Bay during the mid afternoon hours and rotate to the west into the Baltimore area and northern AA, Howard, and Montgomery Counties.

Does this include Delaware South of I-95 as well ? 

Mount Holly alluded to this potential in the recent 10:11 AM short-term AFDupdate, but didn't mention what the 12z CAMs showed. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic