Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

9 hours ago, mattb65 said:

@Ginx snewx i can tell from some of your posts that you love big waves,  if you've never done it before you should book a trip to Hawaii in the winter for a big swell, there's almost nothing like it. I live next to this beach,  expecting 25 ft bombs with light offshore winds https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Pyramid-Rock/forecasts/latest

BIL lives in Haleiwa - Oahu north shore - 20 minutes from Waimea Bay of surfer fame.  Only 10' breakers when we were there in March 2016.

6 hours ago, tamarack said:

BIL lives in Haleiwa - Oahu north shore - 20 minutes from Waimea Bay of surfer fame.  Only 10' breakers when we were there in March 2016.

It's a little bit of a crap shoot when a big storm is going to blow up and send a swell but usually late Dec, Jan and Feb are prime.  Last year late December had a 20 ft, 20 sec swell with waves completely closing out in Waimea Bay which doesn't happen often, and usually requires 40 ft+ faces. There were surfers paddling and towing in which I can't imagine. 

Haleiwa is a great town, really laid back.

BTW, the storm sending the waves this weekend also triggered the first winter storm watch of the season for the big island but not the first snow.  Current forecast is for up to 4 inches with SW winds of 50-80 G100 at the peaks of the big volcanos. 

• Like 1