Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherGal74
    Newest Member
    WeatherGal74
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

She doesn't seem to think that can prevent US citizens from returning...I told her BS.

If forthcoming studies show that it evades existing vaccines, is as transmissible as some initial reports suggest, and/or is more severe, all bets will be off. For now, US citizens will still be able to return from those 7 countries after Monday’s travel ban goes into effect. 

• Like 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

If forthcoming studies show that it evades existing vaccines, is as transmissible as some initial reports suggest, and/or is more severe, all bets will be off. For now, US citizens will still be able to return from those 7 countries after Monday’s travel ban goes into effect. 

Yea, we just need to keep abreast of it. I would have to assume that would impose some type of deadline prior to implementing such a drastic sanction, however, finding room on flights will be another matter entirely...will also see prices soar.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

They did because it sounds like "new" not nu. And xi is a common surname and they didn't want to pin that on anyone.

Yeah saw the news on that this morning. I figured that was the reason. There’s probably other contributing factors to excluding Xi as well. I’m sure a certain former President would have loved to call it the Xi virus. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone here do kickboxing or have done it in the past? My wife wants to take a class or two a week (she wants us both to do it) and it’s going to be $10 a class each. Want to make sure we aren’t wasting our money because it requires a 20 class commitment 

Not really but when I was younger, I used to do a lot of martial arts and you definitely want to be stretched out before class, if that's not already part of the class routine.  Minor groin, hamstring and upper back injuries are common from those routines if you are not limber.  Good aerobic workout though and fun!  I tried a few here and there when I was a massage therapist at a gym.

• Like 1

He is a regular on CNBC 

https://northmantrader.com/2021/12/01/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-2/

market intervals have been dogcrap for weeks 

made new highs last week , and it was so ugly under the hood , that new highs were made on 80% declining / 20 % advancing (individual stocks ) . Meaning a few large caps were holding the market up . New highs were made on very ugly negative divergence ..long before omnicron . Ditto credit market tickets HYG/JNk they raised red flags last week

Then Powell shot market in face yesterday by saying they may taper sooner , especially if Covid gets worse (they almost seem lost) . The fed targeted high inflation last summer , begged for it , now its here , it’s not as “transitory “ as they thought and they are now acting like they pull back on monetary policy to fight the inflation they literally asked for Last summer ,all in The face of the largest global asset bubble in history .  

One thing Mohamed El-Arian and a few other don’t get is a healthy market can take a tightening cycle , it’s a logical decision . However let’s call a spade a spade , this market has been on central bank life support (Q.E since 2009 ) , never normalized policy and when they tried in 2018..they had to reverse course when rates headed up ..this is an aging monetary system ..on life support..and it is the most levered in last 70 years !! . The fed has no good moves . Maybe we get a Santa rally that fails at current overhead resistance (that we just fell from ) look to be heading for 4480 on SP500 first 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1