• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

Agree with BOX .. this is exactly what I said earlier ...

"Wednesday will be all about the remnants of Ida. Just about all of the 12Z guidance has not only sped up the eastward progression of Ida, but also shifted the track farther north as well. As such, it is more likely that the center of what was Ida should be approaching or region late in the day. More interaction with a mid level trough and shortwave will make this system more like a typical Nor`easter than."

59 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I guess it isn't south after all.

However, what is all this river talk?  I don't think you know where I live.  lol

Hey, Pit 2 is on a river.  Probably the closest your place got to flooding was in 1987 when 400-500k cfs was pouring out of Merrymeeting Bay.  The Kennebec estuary is too short, crooked and narrow, and lacks the funnel-like Penobscot Bay, so little chance of 100 mph southerly gusts doing what happened in BGR on 2/2/1976.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Hey, Pit 2 is on a river.  Probably the closest your place got to flooding was in 1987 when 400-500k cfs was pouring out of Merrymeeting Bay.  The Kennebec estuary is too short, crooked and narrow, and lacks the funnel-like Penobscot Bay, so little chance of 100 mph southerly gusts doing what happened in BGR on 2/2/1976.

We've got a monthly max tide of about 9'.  At high tide then, I'm still about 10' above the water.  No flooding risk.

Kevin has this misconception that I live on the Blackstone River.  He really needs to look at a map.

Sunday through next week

As high pressure shifts east late this weekend return flow from the
south will support a warming trend through the middle of next week.
Global models are hinting at a more active jet-stream next week
supporting an unsettled pattern. Next frontal system and
precipitation event may be in the Sunday night through Monday time
frame as global models hint at an upper-level disturbance moving
across the northeast. Stay tuned for details.
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

We've got a monthly max tide of about 9'.  At high tide then, I'm still about 10' above the water.  No flooding risk.

Kevin has this misconception that I live on the Blackstone River.  He really needs to look at a map.

That record flow on 4/1-2/87 probably added about 4-5' to the high tide level, though I think it temporarily neutered the tidal cycle upriver from Rt 1.  The Chops must've been wild, raised nearly twice as much as at your place.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why so early?  Still another month of pool time.

Well let's see. Temps the low mid 70s next ten days 50s at night, low sun angle, low dews,  3 to 5 inches of rain expected,  tons of leaves falling even now in light rain. Just not gonna deal with it. I swim in the lake down the street if it gets hot and I will be at the beach fishing and body surfing a lot.  Its ovah

20210901_090629.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’ll be 3-4 days of 80 next week . Nights near 60. Not hot but plenty warm to swim 

Dude if you had a pool I could understand but believe me. Water was already 73 and with all the rain and debris coming. Dews in the 40s is a killer. I don't see any 80s, if so brief and non effective.  An hour of 80 is useless. I am surrounded by trees and the way the sun rises and sets the pool only gets maybe 5 hours of direct sun this time of year. Now if I lived in the CT Valley area or near IJD like you I might not but...

download (5).png