Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,987
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Dankles
    Newest Member
    Dankles
    Joined

September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.


moneypitmike
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello forum folk. I am a longtime lurker and fan of all the speculation, insight and angst on this forum (especially during winter). 

I am posting for the first time to ask about next weekend, where I will be getting married on Saturday in Rutland VT outdoors (9/11, I know, but there's only so many Saturdays). GFS, and CMC look like cool and sunny. I know it is a long way out but would appreciate any insight? Also, Larry, please head out to sea buddy (for my marriage's sake). 

  • Like 4
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YoungWeatherGuy said:

Hello forum folk. I am a longtime lurker and fan of all the speculation, insight and angst on this forum (especially during winter). 

I am posting for the first time to ask about next weekend, where I will be getting married on Saturday in Rutland VT outdoors (9/11, I know, but there's only so many Saturdays). GFS, and CMC look like cool and sunny. I know it is a long way out but would appreciate any insight? Also, Larry, please head out to sea buddy (for my marriage's sake). 

A pretty stout high pressure builds in for Thursday behind the cold front and that looks to hold right through Saturday! But the next front may move through next Sunday so there's still some room for timing to change a bit. But if that high pressure does hold...I don't think you could ask for more perfect weather 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, weatherwiz said:

A pretty stout high pressure builds in for Thursday behind the cold front and that looks to hold right through Saturday! But the next front may move through next Sunday so there's still some room for timing to change a bit. But if that high pressure does hold...I don't think you could ask for more perfect weather 

Could be a chilly high pressure = cold feet ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YoungWeatherGuy said:

Hello forum folk. I am a longtime lurker and fan of all the speculation, insight and angst on this forum (especially during winter). 

I am posting for the first time to ask about next weekend, where I will be getting married on Saturday in Rutland VT outdoors (9/11, I know, but there's only so many Saturdays). GFS, and CMC look like cool and sunny. I know it is a long way out but would appreciate any insight? Also, Larry, please head out to sea buddy (for my marriage's sake). 

Looks humid with beer in air 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YoungWeatherGuy said:

Hello forum folk. I am a longtime lurker and fan of all the speculation, insight and angst on this forum (especially during winter). 

I am posting for the first time to ask about next weekend, where I will be getting married on Saturday in Rutland VT outdoors (9/11, I know, but there's only so many Saturdays). GFS, and CMC look like cool and sunny. I know it is a long way out but would appreciate any insight? Also, Larry, please head out to sea buddy (for my marriage's sake). 

The Cullinane's aren't on your guest list, are they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

8-14 day CDC is AN 

They usually are as a base canvas. 
 

they start with the climate trend sweep.  That means there’s an assumption-probability to go above normal before applying any synoptic biases. If the latter is neutral you’re left with above probabilities… Weaker to stronger the probability to 30 40 … 50% depending. 

In short the synoptics signal is probably not strong enough to completely compensate for the canvas, but is enough to lower/raise the probability of above normal. Not you per se but people need to realize that those colors have percents associated with them; it just means above or less above chances that’s often confused because the colors look hot  ?  

Anyway, in the winter time when I see any negative at all I think it must be a pretty impressive pattern at this point because it is overcompensating acceleration - the curve has been nonlinear in climate change 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That place basically laughs at cat 3 hurricanes.

I wonder if their homes have retractable domes.  
 

But seriously … in today’s technological wonders, being as they are, how much would it really take to outfit a home with a dome that closes like a tiny version of a retractable roof at a baseball stadium … closes shut tighter ‘n bull’s ass at fly time. Shit a category 5 wind would be an enjoyable white noise for sleeping peacefully. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

PF what we’re you doing in the city? I’m 15 min with no traffic (which I guess is rare haha) any of you mofos in the city let me know.

Wife was meeting a friend… through wife’s level at work, we had comped rooms at the Boston Park Plaza.  Stayed on the top floor (15), crazy vibe sleeping in that city environment.  I enjoy it as an opposite feeling to here at home up north.

Boston is a cool city… on the water and north.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wife was meeting a friend… through wife’s level at work, we had comped rooms at the Boston Park Plaza.  Stayed on the top floor (15), crazy vibe sleeping in that city environment.  I enjoy it as an opposite feeling to here at home up north.

Boston is a cool city… on the water and north.

I don’t think I could live full time in a city but I love visiting them.  Staying on a high floor of a nice hotel is always a treat.  My favorite is Montreal. London and Cologne are great too.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wife was meeting a friend… through wife’s level at work, we had comped rooms at the Boston Park Plaza.  Stayed on the top floor (15), crazy vibe sleeping in that city environment.  I enjoy it as an opposite feeling to here at home up north.

Boston is a cool city… on the water and north.

Imagine if the 6.7 quake on the Merrimack fault happened right then -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...