• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

Seems like lots of changes the past couple of hours with Henri's structure.  It looked like lots of dry air was eroding the CDO but in the last hour the circulation is tightening up.  For the first time you can really see how the inner core is getting it's act together.  Could this be the start of RI?  HHunters are enroute.  Will be interesting to see what they find.

Climate hasn't changed that much it seems. Storm would have to be a real monster already and moving like a freight train to give the impacts some people seem to be looking for this far to the north.

We are in the middle of a record streak of 70+ degree dewpoint days though, storm should be happy with that.

11 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Looks like a tropical storm about to hit SNE to me.

Yes. I think some tunnel vision goin on in here today. It hasn't organized. It was forecast to hit as a TS, and it sure seems like that's going to be the case unless it strengthens significantly.

With that being said.... A slow moving tropical storm is still going to cause major issues. Don't get me wrong

• Like 1

LOL the discrepancy on who cares about this storm is as diverse as the modeled LF tracks.  In all seriousness there's probably much more interest in what this storm does for those of us in the coastal areas, especially areas that may end up east of the eye, then those further inland where it will be certainly falling apart pretty quickly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are still a few analyzing every latest sat image convincing themselves that it's about to "take off"...lol

Its always been going to be a bad nor Easter.

I’d rather see it transitioning faster to get the more typical wind field expansion.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWilly said:

Climate hasn't changed that much it seems. Storm would have to be a real monster already and moving like a freight train to give the impacts some people seem to be looking for this far to the north.

We are in the middle of a record streak of 70+ degree dewpoint days though, storm should be happy with that.

The system was never likely to encounter the pristine conditions needed in the upper atmosphere to recover entirely from being nearly gutted by that hostile encounter with shear. It was too far north. Gulf stream takes care of the fuel at the surface, but entire exhaust system and a significant portion of the mositure transport that feeds these giant heat engines takes place aloft.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkO said:

Still has 12-15 hrs of favorable SST's, then it's probably just maintaining strength at a minimal Cat 1 at landfall. I'm heading down to inlaws in Portsmouth, RI then prolly head down to either Point Judith, or Watch Hill. Will prolly be the biggest tropical system I'll experience to date.

They might close off some roads into those spots

8 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Yes. I think some tunnel vision goin on in here today. It hasn't organized. It was forecast to hit as a TS, and it sure seems like that's going to be the case unless it strengthens significantly.

With that being said.... A slow moving tropical storm is still going to cause major issues. Don't get me wrong

I would have agreed with you up until around noon.  Now it definitely looks like it's getting it's act together.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eyewall said:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=08L&product=vis

You can see a decent sized eye trying to clear just  a bit on the vis. Outflow is improving on the NW side as well.

I don't think that's an eye... I think that's the convection eroding and exposing the LLC, which if that's the case is not a good sign for intensification. 

39 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There are still a few analyzing every latest sat image convincing themselves that it's about to "take off"...lol

Its always been going to be a bad nor Easter.

Don't tell Charlie Parker that.

13 minutes ago, MattPetrulli said:

Man, for the sake of quality threads I hope the next tropical system is not within 3 universes of New England.

LOL.....you should see us in winter.

• Haha 3

People acting like this was supposed to hit us as a category 2. Right now there is very strong consensus that this either goes into eastern LI and hooks into southern CT or into RI as a high-end tropical storm. If what the NHC has verifies (70 mph with higher gusts) into Madison, CT the degree of power outages and damage (especially coast) is going to be very significant. 

as for the weakening yes the waters outside the Gulf Stream aren’t supportive for intensification but they’re still into the 70’s…this thing just isn’t going to weaken and poof into nothing. Even if it came into CT with winds of 55-60 with higher gusts…power outages and damage will still be a problem 

35 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Should be pretty light, a few problems in a small zone but for 90% of us it will be just a breezy rainy day.

29 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Major issues for that 10%, but the rest of us just some summer breeze and rain.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

LOL the discrepancy on who cares about this storm is as diverse as the modeled LF tracks.  In all seriousness there's probably much more interest in what this storm does for those of us in the coastal areas, especially areas that may end up east of the eye, then those further inland where it will be certainly falling apart pretty quickly.

Agreed! Sitting here in South Kingstown, I can say that it has been interesting to follow this storm but I can't say I'm looking forward to its arrival IMBY. Every tree in my yard is a potential terrorist at this point. 

• Haha 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic