Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I just looked at the models and it looks like they are taking the low just to the west of my area. Should I start preparing to lose power? I live in the middle of the woods so in big storms I often lose power.

Post that winter outlook now bc it may be a while...

• Haha 4

Just now, Quincy said:

Most of the significant impacts seem to be limited to I-95 and points southeast, as I see it. Unless it continues farther/faster northwest before weakening and looping. Then you’d see more rain and maybe a spin-up threat farther inland into CT. Otherwise it’s probably going to underperform the expectations atop Mt. TOL.

It’s bad news any way you slice it for south facing shores, bays/inlets and Long Island Sound. Probably the same for the South Shore of LI, especially if there continues to be any west/southwest trend. 

No Kevin doing mud angels then. Bummer 

17 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Great time to be right on the water in Misquamicut Beach, staying til Sunday PM at the Pleasant View right on the water. I wonder if they make us go home Saturday night with the threat of inundation after midnight. 

I have reservations there in a couple weeks. Lousy timing on my part.

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

I just looked at the models and it looks like they are taking the low just to the west of my area. Should I start preparing to lose power? I live in the middle of the woods so in big storms I often lose power.

Think you've answered your own question already...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Our son’s dorm is right on the Bay in Bristol RI.   Unfortunately he doesn’t move in until the 30th

Those dorms at RWU are pretty sturdy.  There's a bunch of them that have weathered Gloria and Bob without any issues.  There's also a decent amount of elevation going up from the coast to the campus so storm surge shouldn't be too much of an issue where those buildings are located.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Would the development of an “inner core” be indicative of rapid intensification?

Not necessarily. You can have an inner core with gradual intensification or steady state. For a higher end hurricane you do need an inner core (and by inner core I mean a vertically aligned and fully closed eye) for rapid intensification. FWIW, SHIPS has a relatively low risk for RI in its latest forecast. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Those dorms at RWU are pretty sturdy.  There's a bunch of them that have weathered Gloria and Bob without any issues.  There's also a decent amount of elevation going up from the coast to the campus so storm surge shouldn't be too much of an issue where those buildings are located.

Not worried about that at all.  He’s missing a good storm though.  

• Like 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic