Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Great time to be right on the water in Misquamicut Beach, staying til Sunday PM at the Pleasant View right on the water. I wonder if they make us go home Saturday night with the threat of inundation after midnight. 

Houses on Atlantic ave are going to be in for it for sure.

• Like 1

Me,  Bob and Brett may avoid the flooding rains.  Looks windy here though.

I was a freshman at U. Miami for hurricane Andrew.  I had just arrived 2 days before it hit.  Wiped out the campus.  Hard to describe the sound of the wind....Kind of like sitting right over the engine while a plane is taking off.  

Growing up in Taunton, Gloria and Bob are definitely memorable too.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are we staring down the barrel of a 45?

This is becoming quite, quite, quite concerning for CT. At some point the alarms have to be sounded because there is not much lead time to prepare now. Can't keep debating over west. vs. east...we'll be doing that up until the storm. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

One thing lost I feel is, while the winds may not be prolific, the duration of TS forces and greater looks pro-longed and over an already saturated area.  Will not take much to drop trees and cause significant damage.

This x 1,000. 

We can't get caught up over potential for hurricane force winds. A prolonged duration of gusts even 40-50 mph is going to do a quite a bit of damage. If we get into the 50-60 mph range...it will be on the ugly side. And well...that is becoming increasingly possible.

Just now, weatherwiz said:

This x 1,000. 

We can't get caught up over potential for hurricane force winds. A prolonged duration of gusts even 40-50 mph is going to do a quite a bit of damage. If we get into the 50-60 mph range...it will be on the ugly side. And well...that is becoming increasingly possible.

Are you frightened?

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is becoming quite, quite, quite concerning for CT. At some point the alarms have to be sounded because there is not much lead time to prepare now. Can't keep debating over west. vs. east...we'll be doing that up until the storm. 

ryans station seems to be hyping a bit

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Not sure if this will embed correctly, but see the trend of the steering currents. The orientation of the eastern US trough is more supportive of a northward pull, rather than the more “typical” sling to the NNE/NE:

NEXLABdpdt-12Z-20210820_NAMUS_250_spd-50

You know ...  I've spent some time this morning outlining some of the uniqueness vs comparisons to past, re this whole thing.  Some semblance in governing synoptic players that in principle are similar to Sandy - but differ in exact orientation and amplitude...etc..etc..

But the uniqueness of this may be slipping away to that sort of nearer term modulation you're demo represents above.  That's starting to try and look or 'trend' in a more typical climo set up ...it's not there totally. But trend - interesting...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was in Taunton area (Raynham) for both and don’t recall being overly impressed 

Wilma in Ft lauderdale western burbs was A powerful experience And hit like a freight train 

I was in Foxboro for Gloria and Lowell for Bob.  Lots of tree damage in Gloria.  Just rain for Bob.   The coast was a different story.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

This x 1,000. 

Winds are never the focal point for these in general, especially up here. Storm surge, coastal flooding and heavy rainfall.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Great time to be right on the water in Misquamicut Beach, staying til Sunday PM at the Pleasant View right on the water. I wonder if they make us go home Saturday night with the threat of inundation after midnight. 

We were just beaching at the Andrea next door on Tuesday.  How is the Pleasant View?

Most of the significant impacts seem to be limited to I-95 and points southeast, as I see it. Unless it continues farther/faster northwest before weakening and looping. Then you’d see more rain and maybe a spin-up threat farther inland into CT. Otherwise it’s probably going to underperform the expectations atop Mt. TOL.

It’s bad news any way you slice it for south facing shores, bays/inlets and Long Island Sound. Probably the same for the South Shore of LI, especially if there continues to be any west/southwest trend. 

• Weenie 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic