Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was in Foxboro for Gloria and Lowell for Bob.  Lots of tree damage in Gloria.  Just rain for Bob.   The coast was a different story.  

Gloria was a lot more fun. Decent winds and hardly any rain. I think I was at Sarah Ave for Bob, but went to Salem, MA area for the storm. I may head down to my inlaws in Newport area tomorrow night.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Shoreline and coastal plain, yes. Tolland-Union mountain chain, not so much. Inland winds with these systems are usually overdone. 

Actually Isaias, Irene all had gusts 60-70 mph inland. And those were weakening TS . This is going to remain a cane at least until LF . It’s not going from a cat 2 to a TD in 5 hours. I know you’ve lived in haunted shanty’s in KS the last 10 years, but you know better 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually Isaias, Irene all had gusts 60-70 mph inland. And those were weakening TS . This is going to remain a cane at least until LF . It’s not going from a cat 2 to a TD in 5 hours. I know you’ve lived in haunted shanty’s in KS the last 10 years, but you know better 

Different storm. That was all much stronger and going through ET as it accelerated NE. This will slow and weaken and spin down as it makes landfall.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Different storm. That was all much stronger and going through ET as it accelerated NE. This will slow and weaken and spin down as it makes landfall.

Not in 5 hours lol. You’ll have all types of strong squalls racing NNW. Then you’ve got the eyewall or what’s left . This will cause big wind issues near and east of path well north of pike. Assuming it makes LF in CT

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not in 5 hours lol. You’ll have all types of strong squalls racing NNW. Then you’ve got the eyewall or what’s left . This will cause big wind issues near and east of path well north of pike. Assuming it makes LF in CT

Should fill in quickly at landfall.

Just now, csnavywx said:

That very well may just be convection wrapping upshear as the shear magnitude lessens (down to ~13 kt on CIMSS, probably sinking <20 in the mid-upper levels).

Yeah, been watching satellite and see that. If it hasn't done so now, it should be soon I'd imagine.

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic